Author Topic: Paetec - What are your experiences? Esp. with SIP  (Read 2636 times)

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Paetec - What are your experiences? Esp. with SIP
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:15:09 PM »
  As some of you may have guessed from prior posts, I'm really not much of a phone guy.  Do a lot of data work and am a generalist :)

Anyway, as a company we have looked at SIP trunks several time - always running away scared as by the time we got connectivity with QoS installed it wasn't cost effective.  (Remember I'm in NM and we are a bit slow).

So now that we have picked up Allworx as our Small Business phone system we started learning more about Paetec.  They bought McCloud which was here in NM and horrible.  They say they are investing millions in infrastructure in NM and I have no reason to doubt them.

My question, after this ramble, is what are your experiences with them?  Right now we work with Qwest and TWTC with fair results from both.  While I know a lot of companies can "sell" phone service, best I can tell only these three really have a presence in the Albuquerque area.  I also know that most installs will use Qwest for the local loop although TWTC has been pulling fiber around town.

My interest in this goes back to SIP trunks.  It sounds like we can get SIP with a Paetec provided data T1 and Paetec provided QoS in the area of $370/month.  That compared to what TWTC and Qwest do which is run a single T1 and the telco breaks out the voice and data in their IAD onsite for around $700/month.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks guys....(and gals!)

-Chak
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:17:37 AM by ralph »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Paetec
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 08:27:43 AM »
Hi Chak,
I've worked with Paetec and have had some good experiences.  That's pretty easy to say when compared to some of the other carriers around here.   Never worked with their SIP products though.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:35:31 AM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10