Author Topic: New to Mitel  (Read 5904 times)

ozkanb

New to Mitel
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:47:20 AM »
HI, I'm new to Mitel and i need to make a basic network with 3 users for testing purposes.

I need some sources where i can find basic installation tutorials. I can't find anything on the internet...
i have installed now a 'Mitel Standard Linux' with VMWare. and i connected to it with my browser. And i have no clue for what it is needed.

I need also to make implementation with OCS 2007 R2. but i can't find any information on the internet.. unbelievable. i really need help, or some tutorials would be really great.

i will be happy if somebody can help me...

grts

Offline hsearson

• View Profile
Re: New to Mitel
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 09:40:09 AM »
Do you have an account with Mitel Online?

you can go to edocs.mitel.com for all the documentation you need.

Also with the MSL, it acts as a router/gateway on it's on but you will have to purchase applications supported on it, the licenses, and configure them. Such as the Mitel Border Gateway (teleworker) and the like.

ozkanb

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 10:20:18 AM »
Yes i'm trying to register to mitel Online. this is a registration process that i have never seen...
I have done all the comfirmation, and i get this error:
Error
An error occurred that prevents login to Mitel OnLine. Please try again or contact the Administrator if the problem persists. Thank you.
Use your browser's BACK button to return to the login page.
The username and password you have supplied do not match what we currently have in our records.

So, is it possible to make a network where end-users can call each other with only MLS?
or what do i need to be able to make it possible to make/receive calls to/from end users that are on the network??
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:26:58 AM by ozkanb »

Offline hsearson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 10:45:49 AM »
No you need a Controller to manage all call processing.  The MLS provides applications and services not native to the 200/3300 ICP.

ozkanb

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 10:54:10 AM »
Then can i virtualize a controller? because i do everything in a virtualized environment..
i have already an exchange server and a OCS server in local domain. and it works fine.

and i have one more question.
What should be configured on a Mitel Standard Linux? i need the basic configuration...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:59:40 AM by ozkanb »

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 11:46:46 AM »
@hsearson - I think OZKanb is installing VMCD (virtual MCD) on a VMware server.

@ Ozkanb - VMCD is a new product and you will strugle to find many people who are trained on it at the moment. You best bet would be to get on MoL. If you have installed MSL, and MCD works in the same way as other MSL apps then you will need to either connect to the AMC to download the blade for VMCD or install it manually from a disk. You will need access to MoL for both of these however  ::)

ozkanb

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 04:57:03 AM »
1. No i'm not working with vMCD, i have in MSL Blades these services:

MCD ISS Mitel Communications Director for Industry Standard Servers      installed        Remove (V4.0.2.10)    
ServiceLink Mitel Standard Linux release marker                                     installed        installed (V9.1.23.0)    

2. and whats mol?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 07:01:56 AM by ozkanb »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 08:04:23 AM »
MOL stands for "Mitel On Line".
In general, I think you need to be with a VAR in order to have an account.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:40:49 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10