Author Topic: Auto Attendant issue  (Read 9659 times)

Offline stylie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Auto Attendant issue
« on: March 15, 2010, 10:37:40 AM »
Mernin all'

I have setup an AutoAttendant using Nupoint connected to 3300. Its a bit of a long protracted story but our initial setup is just a temporary fix until we gain ownership of the DID. We have a temporary forward setup to one users DID. After the call flow was built, the user said they wanted the option for a human have the chance to pick up first. Wondering the best way to do this.

At first I thought I could use DND as a quick way for them to get up and walk out. When the phone is on DND, it could route to the call flow using call rerouting first alternative. Wont work. Then I thought call forwarding, wont work. I cannot call forward to a mailbox on nupoint. I can however call fwd to an actual extension on the 3300. I am missing a step in here somewhere. Going through COS settings now. Call FWD and DND are all enabled on the 3300. I have a simple speed dial setup. When someone calls a DID, we set up a remote call fwd to a DID programmed on the 3300.

I suspect it needs to be an actual extension, but I am unclear the best way to make this connection. I know this is a great place to meet with the minds so let me know if you have a light bulb over your head!! Thanks all!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Attendant issue
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 10:51:42 AM »
I'm not sure I follow completly but I'll give it a shot.
If I understand this right, you have lines (COs?) that ring to an Auto Attendant but want the calls to go to a phone first so a live hot body has a change to answer it.
There are several ways to make that happen,
Here's one: Set up a ring group with the extn(s) you want to answer in the list.  Overflow it to VM.   If the user doesn't answer it will be picked up by auto attn.   
DND on the phone will force it to go sooner.
I recommended a ring group only because you would then be ringing a unique number that won't interfeir with the users vm.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:36:38 PM by ralph »

Offline stylie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 11:44:22 AM »
No doubt my presentation is the problem! Sorry!

OK So I built a whole new setup to test your solution and it almost works, getting excited!

So I created a new ring group entirely. I made the overflow point the number for the call flow on nupoint. And made a phone near me be a member of the group. I didnt want to test on a live number.

So I dial the number of the ring group, it rings on the member's phone... but it does not overflow to the call flow, it overflows to the vm server where I would have to put in my mailbox number to check my messages.  ???

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 11:59:49 AM »
If I understand right I don't think this set-up would not work as the Nupoint picks up the dialled number not the number forwarded of the call flow. You can either program the following ways:

1. Program the overflow number as a Nametag hunt group which when forwarded to voicemai will send the hunt group details and not he dialled number.
2. In the Nupoint program a mailbox of the dialled number as a call director Mailbox with the call flow you want to use.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:04:05 PM by Mitel100 »

Offline stylie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 12:09:18 PM »
Im looking at hunt groups now, but I do not see an overflow.

On your second point, that is how it is setup now. One thing that does not sit well with me is that the number of the call flow starts with a "9" (same as outside line). I can call the flow by dialing it or the speed dial associted with it so not sure if it really matters. As it stands now, everything is working fine, just need to insert a human and allow calls to go to flow if said human is not present.

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 02:18:03 PM »
The Nametag hunt group is for the overflow point of the ring group. this is to force the Nupoint to look at the call flow number. If I am understanding the set-up correctly, it goes as follows:

Customers dial the ring group number, the overflow point is an extension which is forwarded always to voicemail and this overflow point in voicemail iis set-up with the call flow.

If this is the case the nupoint will see the Ring Groups number and not the overflow points number, putting the overflow point as a Nametag hunt group will strip off the ring groups details and send the Hunt Groups details instead.

Can I also ask when this call flow was set-up, as if it was today you will need to update the Call Director database for the call flow to be active. If you haven't the call flow will work from tomorrow.

If this is not the case, can you detail the numbers of all your Extensions and groups.

Thanks

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 02:25:59 PM by Mitel100 »

Offline stylie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 02:53:23 PM »
I know how to update the call flow... thanks to this board!

OK here goes.

From the carrier we have a DID that is forwarded to one that is programmed on the 3300.

We'll call this one,

I have a speed dial set up so that if someone calls the rcf number it rings to 11249 then speed dial to 98110, which is the number for the call flow.

I need 11249 to ring to 11280, if no answer, then to 98110 call flow.

I have tried a simple call fwd on 11280's phone. But it will not fwd to 98110, it bombs out to the main answer point for the nupoint, where you can dial your extension, then your pw.

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 03:34:56 PM »
This is the problem, when customer dial the 11249 and it goes into voicemail, then voicemail is looking for 11249 and not 98110.

I would noramaly program this as follows:

1 - Prgram a Ring Group with 11249
2 - program 11280 in the ring group
3 - put the overflow to voicemail
4 - program the call flow number with 11249

Offline stylie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 03:59:54 PM »
One more question... and first off, thanks a million for taking the time!

11249 has no vm, It is simply an entry in speed dial. Once I added it in there it had a place to go.
Also, how would I point the "overflow to voicemail"?

Ill have to do this on a test basis as their call flow is live right now.

Oh one other thing. Since I have 11249 in speed dial, it wont let me create a ring group with 11249.  >:(

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 04:31:08 PM »
Overflow:  at the bottom of the middle window is the "overflow point" 

You'll need to either delete the speed dial and create the ring group with that numer
or
Create a ring group with a different number then point the speed dial number to it.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:36:19 PM by ralph »

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 04:50:12 AM »
Hi stylie,

How are you getting on with this set-up?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10