Author Topic: 5215 (50002817) / Asterisk  (Read 3254 times)

mralston

5215 (50002817) / Asterisk
« on: July 05, 2010, 07:20:00 AM »
I'd very much appreciate some advice on configuring a 5215 (50002817) to use a third party SIP PBX (Asterisk).

I'm currently stuck right at the beginning - network config.

If I allow the phone to boot via DHCP, it rejects the lease given to it. I'm using ISC BIND. I've tried setting DHCP options 128-134 but I'm not having much luck there. I had a look at option 125, but I'm wanting to use SIP rather than MiNet and don't see the appropriate config line documented.

If I interrupt the phone's boot sequence using the Superkey then I am able to manually give it network settings and ping another host on the network, but it won't allow me to do anything after that (it reports 5 successful and 0 failed pings then freezes like that becoming unresponsive). I figured I'd try my luck at this stage and try to access the web interface, but the phone isn't listening on any TCP ports.

An article on voip-info.org describes how to change the phone to SIP mode, but their instructions don't match up with the options the phone gives me when I interrupt bootup using the Superkey (they suggest there should be a "CONFIGURE PHONE?" option, but all I get is "MANUAL IP SETUP MODE".

I gather that there are some versions of the 5215 which aren't dual mode, but I don't know how to confirm whether mine actually is or not. There are also mentions on the Internet about upgrading the firmware version, but I don't know how to determine what version the phone is running and as it won't accept the DHCP information I wouldn't be able to give it a TFTP server to update the firmware anyway.

I've done my best to figure this out myself and read all the manuals I can find, but I'm getting nowhere fast.  ???

I hope someone able to point me in the right direction! Apologies if this is the wrong forum category - I picked the 5XXX one as it seemed closest.

Thanks.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: 5215 (50002817) / Asterisk
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 12:18:53 AM »
  Yeah, it has to be a dual mode phone.  What is the part number on the back of your phone and we can look it up and let you know if it is possible....

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10