Author Topic: Block NuPoint MB zero out  (Read 2184 times)

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Block NuPoint MB zero out
« on: May 13, 2015, 03:45:35 PM »
Trying to block ability to zero out of one NuPoint MB for a customer. I created a phantom w/MB that plays a greeting and hangs up. I set that phantom as the Attendant Extension for user's MB, but pressing zero took me to Primary Attendant. Set Attendant Extension as blank, but pressing zero took me to Primary Attendant. Removed FCOS to tranfer to attendant, but pressing zero took me to Primary Attendant. Is my goal possible?

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
Re: Block NuPoint MB zero out
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 12:24:35 PM »
Did you figure out how to accomplish this? I am attempting to do the same thing and so far not successful. I've tried putting different numbers into the Attendant Extension field on the mailbox general tab but dialing 0 after a message still calls the Operator/Receptionist. I assume there is a universal setting for the line group that controls this.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 12:34:38 PM »
I assume there is a universal setting for the line group that controls this.

You are correct. Within the line group is the option to enable or disable "Key_0 for Attendant transfer during greeting"

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 02:13:45 PM »
So if a new line group is created with the attendant specified as something other than 0 would pressing 0 at the end of a message route you there? Also, do you know why specifying an attendant extension in the mailbox settings does not actually transfer you there after pressing 0? Reading the Nupoint help file on mailbox parameters for the attendant extension it states:

This is the number that is called if user dials 0 to return to the attendant. If an attendant extension is defined, it is assigned to ALL mailboxes being created.

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 03:49:26 PM »
So I finally got around to creating a new line group however I am unsure on how to associate a mailbox with the line group. I'm guessing this must be done in order for the mailbox to inherit the disabling of "KEY_0 for attendant transfer during greeting" setting. Is that correct?

Also in the line group setting the attendant extension can be specified which I'm hoping I can specify an alternative extension so that when 0 is pressed after the message this is where the caller would be transferred.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10