Author Topic: Defenitely New - Carlos Medina  (Read 3227 times)

Offline ctmedina

• View Profile
    • Just me, and my ramblings
Defenitely New - Carlos Medina
« on: March 10, 2010, 09:05:11 AM »
Hey Everyone,

I stumbled upon this forum a while back and I read a few post and then I was not "in" it for a while. Obviously I think this is a great way to help each other with dealing with this wonderful world that is Mitel and telecom in general as well.

I am new to telecom in general and new to Mitel. I keep saying I am new, but maybe I am not that new. I have been in IT since 1998 (2000 is when I really started messing with things). I started at a help desk so the first 2 years were mostly troubshooting application and minor network problem (like reboot, or make sure the cables are plugged in)

My main background is in the windows networking. I am an old MCSE and CCNA, but both are outdated I am sure. Do not have much time for tests these days. I am not old, but I started working with windows back in the NT4 days. I have dabbled in Linux based systems, but not very much.

My telecom experience is primarily all VOIP in some fashion or another. I currently support a large national (growing) infrastructure of a mix of Mitel, Avaya, Toshiba, Nortel, you name it we got it. Lots of different connectivity solutions from individual POTS to PRIs, Dynamic T1 wPRI, DS3 with just SIP trunks, etc... My main focus is the Mitel infrastructure. That is our corp phone system and we are deploying more systems and phones across the country. Before that I was deploying Avaya IP Office systems. I got about 11 of those. The rest of my offices have toshibas, Nortels, etc... that I do not touch them primarily. I outsource most of that. The traditional digital office systems.

I currently live and work in the Philadelphia, PA area. I am married and have 2 great kids. I am into all things electronic. I love photography and I am a 4th degreee member of the Knights of Columbus.

So that is me in a nutshell.

Thanks to everyone for their help so far. I hope I can contribute as much as I get out of this forum.

Carlos Medina

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Defenitely New - Carlos Medina
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 09:58:42 AM »
Good intro Carlos.  Welcome aboard.

Ralph

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:36:41 PM by ralph »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: Defenitely New - Carlos Medina
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 12:49:19 AM »
  Lots of info there Carlos - glad you found us and hope you get something out of this thing we call the Mitel Forum.

Welcome.....

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10