Author Topic: Copy & Paste - not working  (Read 4738 times)

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
Copy & Paste - not working
« on: May 11, 2015, 06:50:50 PM »
Not sure if anyone else has encountered this but from time to time I have been unable to use the Copy & Paste functionality in DB programming.  Obviously this has been a bit of headache as it is definitely a time saver in many situations. 

I recently discovered that if this only seems to occur when I have any open Windows Explorer window.  If I close any ones that are open Copy & Paste works again.  Not sure of the reasoning behind this but figured other might have experienced this too.

I am using a Win 8.1 machine.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Copy & Paste - not working
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 10:00:24 PM »
Hershel,

I have never had that problem, but you may want to put in a ticket with Mitel so they know that is happening on a Windows 8.1 Machine.

Thanks,

TE

XarGuy

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 11:08:58 AM »
Hi,

I have also encountered this problem before but never found a fix.

I have a windows 8.1 Machine with DB Programming on here so i will see if i can replicate the Windows Explorer windows open scenario.

XarGuy

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 11:14:05 AM »
I have tested this and i can copy and paste everytime however, i am using 6.1 (not yet released) so maybe mitel have now fixed this issue.

Offline mitelengineeruk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 06:15:29 AM »
Where are you copying and pasting from.  Excel can be an issue.  So if you simply move the focus to a cell and select copy then try and past that, it will generally fail.  You need to click in the cell and highlight the text and copy then it will paste.

Other locations I have been ok copying and pasting its just Excel you need to be careful.

Offline mattybrownuk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 10:10:33 AM »
You beauty!!!

I've been missing the Paste option for years (ever since I upgraded to Windows 8/8.1) and I've never thought to close all Windows Explorer windows.

What a bizarre bug!  Still happening in 6.2.3.53 (Sep 20 2016).

Thank you SO much!

Anyone got a contact at Mitel that you can report this to?  They probably have no idea, since it's been an issue for years and many versions without a fix.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 07:50:57 PM »
We have multiple Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 laptops deployed and have never seen this issue with copy/paste, and we would hear about it I am pretty sure... Most of our techs don't mess with their machines too much so they are mostly stock with updates.

Have you tried disabling UAC and DEP? It is a common thing with ESI's System Programmer, so all our laptops are that way... Not saying this is the issue, but having never seen it and this is one of the few "abnormal" things we have done.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-data-execution-prevention

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/

Just throwing this out there...

Offline Ryskie

• View Profile
    • T2K
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 06:44:18 AM »
I had this issue the other day,

Close and windows explorer windows that are open and try again.

Offline Brooks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 04:53:00 PM »
I used to deal with this with a lot of customers.  I would recommend looking at the help file and do a search of "IE" and look at all the system requirements.  It could be your IE version.  Mitel only recently started to work with IE 10 and there are a ton of compatibility requirements.  I find if you follow the requirements to a T, you shouldn't have an issue.  Every time I've encountered someone having issues with basic browser  functions, display issues, copy paste, it's always been a compatibility or IE setting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline PresidioDog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 03:39:28 PM »
I am running latest 6.3.7.78 and the problem is still here on Windows 10. I closed an File Explorer windows, and now I can copy and past....strange...but it is what is is.

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 04:38:34 PM »
I had the same issue not that long ago and had Mitel tell me to make sure Windows was up to date, which it wasn't. I updated and it started working.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10