Author Topic: MWI always on  (Read 14978 times)

Offline mgodinez

• View Profile
Re: MWI always on
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 04:46:01 PM »
Hello,

As mentioned, if the user has a display phone -

on hook.

press message waiting light.

message says call me back.

select yes option.

display says call speed dial to voicemail (if it was a callback error)

select erase.

If not using a display phone, from call xpress deactivate the MWI in the users voicemail account (callxpress - administration).  Apply changes.  And then reactivate MWI.

I had both our PBX and CallXpress voicemail vendor look at this situation for us.  It had to do w/ the way the call xpress syncs the MWI lights every night.  We use dialogic cards for voicemail ports.  I was told IP integration on our voicemail platform would take care of the issue.

Regards,

Mike G.
Seattle, WA

Offline wyeee

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 11:10:33 AM »
I had the same thing happening to me yesterday. Not a call back situation. 2 of my phones (1 5212, 1 generic sip) has the MWI on all the time even if there is no message in the mailbox. Drove me crazy trying to check my provisioning.

What happened was I tried couple of days ago to use my last VM port for RAD and it failed terribly. Later I changed RAD to 1st port and it worked. So I returned the last port to embedded VM. And that somehow messed MWI up (even after rebooting the box).

I tried *91+extn (FAC: Message Waiting - Deactivate) from any extn and it worked. MWIs are not blinking anymore.

On the flip side, it is very interesting that any extn can dial *90 (FAC: Message Waiting - Activate)+target extn and turn target station's MWI on and drive the other guy crazy...

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »
The ability to turn the light on for someone else is a real pain.   
It's a legacy item left over from the old 2000 days when not everyone (can you believe this now?!!) had voice mail systems.
Can be turned off in COS.

I believe that putting the RADs on the 1st ports is recommended.
I do like the idea of creating a hot desk phone that has a VM COS with permanent DND and putting it in the VM hunt group.   Then you can kill a light remotely if needed.
Problem for me is I can't understand why this happens.   Doesn't matter the VM or even the integration apparently.  It's like the MWI pointers get lost.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10