Author Topic: ACD skill group blocking  (Read 3526 times)

Offline ctmedina

• View Profile
    • Just me, and my ramblings
ACD skill group blocking
« on: March 09, 2010, 11:12:12 AM »
I was looking at my ACD path configuration and I was wondering what the "Primary Agent Skill group remote agent blocking timer" We have it set to 60 secs.

The reason I am asking is becasue we had a iteresting thins happen and I am sure it is timer related, just trying to figure out which one.

We have 2 skill groups set up in this path. This morning none of the agents in the primary skill group were logged in, but there was one person logged in to the overflow. There was a call waiting and the person logged in was on the phone. Then someone logged into the primary skill group. The call was still waiting. The call did not go to the agent in the primary skill group. It waited until the agent in the overflow was off the phone and rang to him.

Thanks for any help...

Carlos Medina

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
Re: ACD skill group blocking
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 01:24:17 PM »
That exact scenario is a Known Product Issue.  It does not have anything to do with any timers.   I just encountered that at a customer within the last few months.  The only solution until Mitel fixes it [unless they have in 4.0/4.1] is to put the path in DND and then take it out of DND.  If you do this the calls will start to ring into the Primary and Overflow Agent Groups.

Hope this helps.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: ACD skill group blocking
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 10:16:08 AM »
That's how it works.   I don't think this is a design flaw.   It's actually in the help files.   I disagree witht he design.  Stupid in my opinion, but that's how it works.
We stumbled on to this a few weeks back.   All of us though that if the primary agent group was logged out it would put the path in DND.  Not so.  If anyone is logged into a overflow group the path is still open.

A work around is to put all agents from the primary group into the overflow group as well.  Best to diagram this out to be sure you keep your groups straight, but it works fine.

Ralph
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:45:47 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10