Author Topic: NuPoint Broadcast mailboxes  (Read 3695 times)

matbroadbent

NuPoint Broadcast mailboxes
« on: February 18, 2010, 05:11:22 AM »
Hi,

We've a curious problem with a set of mailboxes using FCOS 23 "BROADCAST".  Briefly, we've one publically-diallable number which ends up in an ACD path with path-interflow-dialling-list-assignment options.  Those options route to one of five NuPoint mailboxes.  These, in turn, broadcast messages to five child mailboxes (one each).

The problem is that, every couple of months, our users report that messages left on the broadcast mailboxes earlier in the morning, do not arrive in the child mailboxes for hours. 

Can anyone think what might be causing this?  I can't think where to start to be honest.  (I could only guess that a chron job in the Mitel Linux is failing somewhere?)

Many thanks,

Mat

NuPoint UM v12.5.5.13.01
3300ICP MXe 8.0.10.7_1

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
Re: NuPoint Broadcast mailboxes
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 11:04:46 AM »
I would say that you need to perform an off line verfication. Mitel say that this should be done every month depending on the size of your system.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 08:24:04 PM »
  Really?  Monthly?  I only have 2 NuPoints out there but have never done this and I guess it surprises me they want it done that often.....

-Chak

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 01:40:51 PM »
It really depends on how busy your voicemail system is, in a large enterprise with more than a 1,000 mailboxes, then off-line verify every month. I would also recommend to schedule an on-line verify weekly.

matbroadbent

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 07:44:40 AM »
Hi Mitel100 and Chakara,

Thanks for the feedback.

Our suppliers came back with a similar suggestion too - so we're going to give that a go tonight.  It's annoying that these can't be scheduled to happen - we've got ~7,000 mailboxes so it's probably high time we did this maintenance!  :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10