Author Topic: Mitel 3300, OCS 2007 R2, and Telephone Directory  (Read 3932 times)

Offline tscht28

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 3300, OCS 2007 R2, and Telephone Directory
« on: February 16, 2010, 11:28:40 AM »
We have deployed OCS 2007 R2 and Exchange UM with our Mitel 3300. When a call is placed from a Mitel Deskphone (SS4015 or SS4025) to an OCS Enterprise Voice user, the OCS Enterprise Voice user's name is not displayed on the Mitel desk phone.  The reverse works fine - OCS Enterprise Voice user calls a Mitel deskphone, OCS user's name appears fine.  Is there any way to associate the OCS EV users name with a name in the Mitel 3300???

boycey9

Offline tscht28

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300, OCS 2007 R2, and Telephone Directory
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 09:04:33 AM »
Thanks for the Reply, but we already have OCS EV user names displaying when they call a Mitel desk phone.  I am looking at from the other direction, where the Mitel desk phone is initiaing the call.  The MS KB only address the OCS EV user initiating the call. 

boycey9

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 09:39:02 AM »
Im struggling to understand what you want to achieve, your question implies that you want the name of the person you are calling displayed on the phone you are calling from? This would simply be an entry in the Tel Dir of the Mitel, but the second part of the question "The Reverse" implies you are not seeing the name of the calling party on the MOC, This is an AD lookup.

Offline tscht28

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 04:34:52 PM »
Thanks for the reply, yes I want the name of the person I am calling to display on my desk phone.  In our case the OCS Enterprise Voice user has a entry in the Mitel Tel Dir, but this name still does not display on my phone when I call them.  The MS KB reference only deals with called made form the OCS environment (which works fine) to the Mitel PBX not the reverse.  Do you have this working in your environment?

boycey9

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 07:45:14 AM »
You are dialling over a trunk to another system so the name will be sent to you from the other system. It is the OCS that is not sending you the name.
There is no way at present to change this from the Mitel.
I have read articles from Microsoft that explains the reason they dont send names in default is because with SIP the name is for authentication, therefore it is a possible risk to send it. The bulletin I refered to gives you a way to turn this feature on but if you already have it, it must only send the name for outgoing calls and not incomming.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10