Author Topic: Setup auto-attendant call menu?  (Read 22359 times)

Offline dan231

• View Profile
Setup auto-attendant call menu?
« on: December 22, 2014, 03:46:46 PM »
How do I setup an auto-attendant call menu tree?

Example:
Customer calls
"Thank you for calling, press 1 for Sales, 2 for Customer support, etc"

When you call us now, it says please hold for next attendant, then plays hold music.  Then says all operators are currently busy, there are X ahead of you, please continue to hold, then more music.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Setup auto-attendant call menu?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 04:34:05 PM »
This is a CALL ROUTING APPLICATION.  You first need to create your recording.  Name it at VOICE PROCESSOR/APPLICATION RELATED INFO/AUDIOTEX RECORDINGS.  Pick the first 0-second recording and name it, remember the number for later.  Then from a phone log into the admin mailbox, press 9 for admin features, and follow prompts or display to create a recording.  Enter your number from above, and speak your recording.  Next go to VOICE PROCESSOR/DEVICES/APPLICATIONS and create a new CALL ROUTING APPLICATION.  You'll enter your "press X for" choices under DIGIT TRANSLATIONS (one of these will probably be the HG that currently rings) and then select your recordings under DAY GREETINGS and NIGHT GREETINGS...be sure to remove the default VOICE MAIL greeting.  Use the same greeting day and night; where calls go at night is actually controlled elsewhere.  Last, change the DAY RING IN DESTINATION for your main trunk group or DID CALL ROUTING TABLE to go to the new CRA.

Offline JessCat606

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 02:45:52 PM »
Bravo!  I had much the same question, your answer made it a snap to set up!

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 03:05:04 PM »
This is a CALL ROUTING APPLICATION.  You first need to create your recording.  Name it at VOICE PROCESSOR/APPLICATION RELATED INFO/AUDIOTEX RECORDINGS.  Pick the first 0-second recording and name it, remember the number for later.  Then from a phone log into the admin mailbox, press 9 for admin features, and follow prompts or display to create a recording.  Enter your number from above, and speak your recording.  Next go to VOICE PROCESSOR/DEVICES/APPLICATIONS and create a new CALL ROUTING APPLICATION.  You'll enter your "press X for" choices under DIGIT TRANSLATIONS (one of these will probably be the HG that currently rings) and then select your recordings under DAY GREETINGS and NIGHT GREETINGS...be sure to remove the default VOICE MAIL greeting.  Use the same greeting day and night; where calls go at night is actually controlled elsewhere.  Last, change the DAY RING IN DESTINATION for your main trunk group or DID CALL ROUTING TABLE to go to the new CRA.

I have the same problem but I have no experience with the Mitel 5000 system. I need baby steps on this if possible.

We currently have a greeting that says:
"Please hold all operators are currently busy, if you know the extension blah blah blah..."

I have been tasked to change the message to "please press 1 for, 2 for, 3 for" and make the changes in the system to accommodate this recording.

Please Help!

Thanks
Chris B

EDIT: I understand the recordings section above and how to associate it with a CRA. But I got lost in applying it into the system.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 03:11:44 PM by FirstSource »

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 06:00:10 PM »
The directions above, in the order given, should do it.  Then in DIGIT TRANSLATION if you want 3 to be SALES, you'll enter the extension (person or hunt group) for sales as the destination for 3.  That's all there is to it.

Which part are you having trouble with?

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 03:13:12 PM »
The answer I was looking for was "applications" under voice processor. Once I found this then I knew where to go from there.

Now I just found out that the existing message on the system doesn't work "if you know your party's extension dial it at anytime" when you dial the extension it says zero is not a valid extension. Any thoughts?

EDIT: had to select collective digits - that fixed the problem. ha easy fix!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:31:42 PM by FirstSource »

Offline only1catar

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 01:00:17 PM »
I have this setup fine - however, rather than "dial the extension"
I would like to have the option to "transfer" to the extension
(You can do this with the "transfer to extension" option
HOWEVER,
if they do not answer - it does to the general mailbox - rather than the individual's voicemail

How can I setup a transfer that after 6 rings goes to their voice-mail?

Thanks!
-- Russ T.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 03:04:35 PM »
Doing this for everybody? Or a phone or two? Maybe a department? Are you using day mode/night mode on system or a schedule application? The direction you go next will depend on some of these answers.
I'm guessing you want "Dial 4 for Widgets", then caller rings a phone (or phones), then goes to general mailbox if unanswered...is that the plan?
Or are you wanting to have the caller dial ANY extension, ring that extension, then go to general mailbox?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 07:08:21 AM »
Only1catar,

If you are sending it directly to the persons phone on transfer and it still goes to a general mailbox rather than their personal mailbox then I would say that their forwarding is not standard.

Once a call is transferred from a CRA it works similar to a person doing the transfer except there is a different timer involved; although it is usually set the same for all of the transfer timers. This means the call is handed off to the extension and at some point, based on the system forward initiate timer or the transfer timer previously mentioned. Since the call doesn't recall back to the CRA I would think that it is the system forwarding of the phone itself that is causing the problem that you are experiencing. Now, this assumption is based on the premise that you are indeed sending it directly to the extension and not a hunt group.

Go in and look at the extensions system forwarding and let us know how it is setup.

Thanks,

TE

Offline only1catar

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 06:58:11 AM »
Sorry for the delay:

I am trying to do this from the menu tree FOR a specific phone - to a specific person - not a group.
The option available is transfer to extension or transfer to voice-mail.

Where do I look for "forwarding options" (what menu option under what section)
5000 CP>>System>>Devices and Feature Codes??? (Don't see it here)

Currently when I use the transfer to phone option - no answer returns to the main voice mail box
where do I change this?

Thanks!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 08:47:32 AM »
So the correct DIGIT TRANSLATION here is FORWARD TO EXTENSION, then pug in the appropriate extension.  Calls will go to the extension.  Then the SYSTEM FORWARDING can, if desired, send unanswered calls somewhere...otherwise unanswered calls will return to the sending device (the announcement. Find the extension in SYSTEM/DEVICES AND FEATURE CODES/PHONES.  Within that phone go to SYSTEM FORWARDING.  Pick the forwarding path you want, and flag the options you want (NO ANSWER, for example).  Make sure your phone does have its own mailbox or things will be messy.
If calls still go to a general mailbox instead of that specific one, inspect the forwarding path, make sure it goes to voice mail application (typically 2500, but could be different). Dial the number in the path, if correct it should say something like "You've reached the automated voice processing system. PLEASE ENTER A MAILBOX NUMBER".

Offline only1catar

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 10:46:37 AM »
I understand "where" to do this, but please see the attached picture for clarification.
What settings do I use.

Note:  if someone transfers to an extension - it will ring about 4 times - then go to VM
but if it is within a "transfer" in the "tree" it will go to the general mailbox.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 01:06:56 PM »
Only1catar,

If that is indeed the forwarding path that you have setup on a phone and the forwarding path 1 goes to Voice Mail then your problem doesn't reside there.

First verify that the forwarding path is going to Voice Mail, just double left-click on the 1 within the forwarding path that you posted; is this the extension for Voice Mail?

If it is then we need to see how you are allowing people to transfer to it from an Auto Attendent; is there a Collected Extension or a Transfer to Extension the caller is using to get to x104? If it is a Collected Extension then this should work as long as the Forwarding Timer for Auto Attendants is higher than the System Forward Initiate Timer; this could be your problem. If it is a Transfer to Extension and you have something other than x104 then change it to x104 and it will work fine as long as the above mentioned timer is set correctly.

Thanks,

TE

Offline only1catar

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 01:19:31 PM »
I think I found my problem

When I "test" the "feature" out "internally" - It goes to the general mailbox

When I dial in from the outside word and transfer to the menu tree, it goes to the desired phone - then to the desired voicemail.

I don't know why there is a difference - but it is working the way it should for external calls - and the only reason I would need to use the "internal" tree is to verify the voice prompts... so we are good to go on this one.  THANKS!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 01:41:50 PM »
Only1catar,

The reason it doesn't work with calls internally is that you don't have IC Calls turned on within the phones Forwarding Path; it is the last option and you have it set to no. If you change the phone you are testing with to work with IC Calls then testing internally will work just fine.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10