Author Topic: Interconnect Restriction  (Read 12987 times)

Offline mattwilsonuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Interconnect Restriction
« on: February 09, 2010, 06:50:29 AM »
Hi.  I have 62 3300's and am trying to use interconnect restriction across 3300's, anyone know if this is possible.

Scenario is as follows

PBX1- EXT 1000 - Interconnect 2
Interconnect restriction 2 restricted from 1

PBX2- EXT 2000 - Interconnect 1
Interconnect restriction 2 restricted from 1

The call still works, Interconnect works fine for the local PBX but not when travesing an IP Trunk.  Does anyone else use this feature?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Interconnect Restriction
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 07:59:54 AM »
I've done this.  Not at the scale you're talking about but I've done it. (At least I think I have if I understand your scenario properly)
It takes quite a bit of time to be sure you've engineered it correctly and you may have to use Teneting and COR but I think you can get there.

Bear in mind, when a call comes into a pbx, I believe it will look at the Interco of the IP trunks, not the far end extension.

Can you share why you are trying to restrict these calls?  There may be another way.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:51:31 PM by ralph »

Offline mattwilsonuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 08:03:37 AM »
im trying to install a public phone which only has access to specific internal numbers.
did toy with the idea of taking out the keypad and using only programmable keys however the users will be required to navigate through IVR.

Cheers

Matt

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 08:07:04 AM »
may be better to use COR to do this.   Create a route to the IVR that everyone has access to then restrict all other routes to phones that are allowed to use them.
I would think programming would take less than an hour per site to do.

Ralph

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:51:43 PM by ralph »

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 09:23:15 AM »
as ralph says use COR to bar the ext from dialling other sites via IPT and then use interconnect restrict to bar connection to local devices.

Also if it is just one number use associated directory number assignment (i think) this will hotline the ext so as soon as the handset is lifted it will dial a specific number. DTMF keys can be used after to navigate the IVR.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 09:42:14 AM »
I think bobcheese hit it on the head with the easiest solution - hotline.  Pick up the phone and it rings directly to the IVR.  Doesn't disable the keypad after it connectst to the IVR.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:51:55 PM by ralph »

Offline mattwilsonuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 10:35:09 AM »
There are several numbers it will need to ring, relating to several different services.  I tried using hotline to call director which worked quite well, however didnt want to allow Nupoint ports outbound dialling facility.  Plus it gives us the issue of allocating nupoint ports to departments for billing.
The hotline solution proposed is the answer I think, many thanks, even gets round my problem of allocating the calls for billing.  Excellent, thanks.  

Will use hotline to a port / path which asks the user to press a number (PID) relating to the service required..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:37:30 AM by mattwilsonuk »

Offline mattwilsonuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 06:53:29 AM »
what I tried didnt actually work, maybe I should explain what im trying to acheive.

Id like a public phone to be placed in a reception area.  This phone needs toe ability to dial 5 internal DDIs and 2 external numbers.  I dont want this phone to call anything else.

Weve tried using associated directoy number with options on the personal keys to do the dialling (ie RAD says Please press the service you require). 

Any thoughts?

Matt

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 09:02:12 AM »
Give the phone a unique COR.   Then go into the Maximum digits dialed form and program it to only dial 2 digits.

Assign a series of two digit speed dials to the numbers you want dialed.   i.e. 10, 11,12,13  etc with the actual numbers being the numbers you want the phone to be able to dial.

Now the public phone can dial any 2 digits and can only reach the nubmers associated with the 2 digit numbers.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:52:22 PM by ralph »

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 11:58:16 AM »
or if you are using a superset you could interconnect restrict the phone from dialling all but the 5 internal numbers, bar it from dialling out via COR and add all the numbers as speedcalls on buttons on the phone (make sure the external ones are set to overide toll control). lable these and job done!

Offline mattwilsonuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 12:00:32 PM »
cheers - think the max dialled digits is the way.

using interconnect doesnt work at the minute with 62 3300's, id have to change interconnect settings all over (cluster)  plus, i can only use interconnect across the cluster with TCM enable in system options ;-) (this isnt currently enabled)

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 03:59:33 PM »
could you not just interconnect restrict the front desk phone from connecting to the IP trunks?

Offline mattwilsonuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 04:39:51 PM »
Did think about that, however the the internal numbers are internal to the cluster so will need to traverse the ip trunks.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 06:16:44 PM »
yes but they are still remote directory numbers and use a CEID (ARS) to access the correct node.

Offline mattwilsonuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 03:30:31 AM »
not sure i follow - the phones have eg i/c 1 and the trunks have i/c 64, when i thought about doing this i blocked 1 from connecting to 64 thus blocking all ip trunk connections for the phone.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10