Author Topic: One extension on more than 32 phones  (Read 4926 times)

Offline evan631

• View Profile
One extension on more than 32 phones
« on: January 08, 2010, 12:19:21 PM »
I am revisiting a previous thread of mine. (see below)

http://www.mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=389.msg1485#msg1485

We have a process where a potential customer will dial a number within our office.  This number appears on all sales reps phones, whoever picks up the call first gets the lead.  

The way we set it up is we created a key appearance on their phones...worked great up to this point.  We are now at the max of 32 key appearances.

Any suggestions on what we can do?  Apparently ring goups only allow 32 extensions as well.

Secondly, is there a command or another process to see what phones have the key appreance/extension.

I appreciate the help.

We are using:
ICP3300 (9.0.2.31_1, and one with 10.0.1.22) - We have multiple ICPs in different offices, each will ahve their own inbound lead extension.
5330 phones

-Evan

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:56:42 AM by evan631 »

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: One extension on more than 32 phones
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 01:34:13 PM »
yes but i think i am correct in saying that a key app only counts as 1 ext in a ring group. for example you could have 2 different key app DN's both in the same ring group and they would all ring at the same time (as long as the group was set to 'ring all').

The only thing I know of for checking keys is the form multiline set key assignment. If you want to know which phones have the same multicall key programmed you can use multiline set group assignment.

Note from help file under ring groups:

'The system can ring a maximum of 80 broadcast groups in unison. The maximum number of appearances in all 80 groups that it can ring is 172.'
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 01:37:11 PM by bobcheese »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 11:15:17 PM »
  Good catch Bob - can't wait to hear if this works but sounds promising...

-Chak

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 10:55:05 AM »
Thanks guys!

I will be testing the ring group thing today.  Keep you posted.

Just to clarify things...

We have an IVR that tells callers to enter a selection based on their state.  That selection now rings a multicall key appearance on Sales peopels phones.  so right now...option 1 will ring 8892 on all NY sales phones. If no one answers, the first alt goes to the offices receptionist.

This is what i need to clarify...

The 8892 which is dialed by IVR will become the ring group number.  All the key appearance need to get a different number, which will then be put into the ring group.

Does that sound correct?

Something that was brought to my attention last night...my CEO wants this ring group, if not answered after houra to go to an outside answering service.  Is there any way of doing this?  If we can't do after hours, could we any unanswered calls in the ring group go to the answering service no matter what time it is?

Thanks.

-Evan

PS:  you guys have been a tremendous help!

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 07:22:32 PM »
Yes this sounds correct. Just remember that you will need to numbers for the multicalls as you will have over 32 keys. You cannot use call rerouting on a ring group (they dont appear in the form). but there is a section in the ring group to overflow. However this overflow is acive in ALL sevices so will overflow all day. Set the overflow point to a speedcall that translates to your answering service number and set 'overides toll control' to yes.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 03:56:09 AM »
  For the night thing - you could pick a ficticious DN and have the call go there first.  Use First/Second Alternate pointing towards the ring group and use the Day/Night1/Night2 schedules to control the forwarding to the speed dial/night service.

Does that make since?

-Chak

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 02:18:16 PM »
we want the overflow to go all day...so i will stick with using the overflow.  The multiline key appearance worked great in the ring group.  now to just test the over to a speed call number.

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 11:04:52 AM »
It works perfect!

The key appearances in the ring group, the speed call to answering service, it all works great.

Thanks everyone...for the help and advice!

-Evan

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 04:17:13 PM »
Great solution.  Thanks Bobcheese.   Didn't know about the overflow and handn't given the >32 keys a thought.  Adding that to my bag of tricks.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:28:43 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10