Author Topic: YA and the global adress list Vs Corporate Contacts  (Read 4614 times)

bunj

YA and the global adress list Vs Corporate Contacts
« on: May 27, 2008, 04:34:58 AM »
Hi All

We have recently installed a 3300 along with YA 4.1.0.99.

I am a little puzzled / Confused by the contacts.

I have to have two contact lists for company employees YA Corporate Contacts and Global address list and maybe you can suggest a reason round or to resolve to only needing one.

Why do I need two...

AD stores the users general DDI, extension, mobile etc. When we set up the additional fields in YA to look at those fields and you try to dial it, it does not put a 9 in front. However those same details can be obtained from the Global Address list from exchange which also looks at AD. When you try and dial it from there (Personal Contacts in YA) it does put a 9 in front.

The easy answer would be to not put the global address list in YA and then manually add the 9 to each number under each user account. Note if I do this and then try and dial the number from personal contacts it then tries to dial 99.... and I get NU. However AD is used for company signatures where by the the exchange server collects the contact details of the user and attaches it to outbound email. Therefore if I put a 9 in front, this will appear for the recipient to dial should they wish to contact me.

Ideally I would like to remove the YA Corporate contacts and just have the global address, that would make life easier and simpler. 

as a final point, why does it rely on manually importing personal contacts into YA. If a person adds a contact into outlook they have to manually import their personal contacts again. This adds to user training as where you could just tell the user search and dial, now you have to remind them to import. So far I haven't been fully impressed with the YA. Some advice would be grateful. Thanks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10