Author Topic: 5550 console BLF how-to. anyone, please?  (Read 6230 times)

tzadikem

5550 console BLF how-to. anyone, please?
« on: January 14, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »
We have the 5550 console and the 3300 (Comunications Director ver. 4.0) and need a quick how-to for setting up BLF.  I have looked online and don't see anything and have also looked in the 5550 User Guide.  Thanks.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: 5550 console BLF how-to. anyone, please?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 04:12:59 AM »
ok the trick with the 5550 is that you cannot program the BLF field directly. I know this souns strange but stay with me.......
the way it work is that it looks at all the DSS/BLF keys that are programmed on the other mitel sets programmed in multiline set key assignment. So what you need to do is pick a phone (i think it needs to be a 5220 or similar) that is programmed on the system and add a 'phantom dual pkm' in multiline set assignment. Once this is done you will then be able to program dss/blf keys against that pkm in multiline set key assignment (make sure you set them to 'no ring'). Once you have added all the station that you what to monitor on the console go to the 5550 select tools and options, blf settings and tick the box enable busy lamp field on this 5550, apply and ok. Then select directories and edit blf list. you will need to create a new list and give it a name. All the available blf stations will appear in the left hand box. Select all and move across to the right box, apply and ok. Restart your console and select the blf tab next to phonebook and that SHOULD be it!  ;D

tzadikem

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 01:09:52 PM »
Sorry I am a bit late on this but very busy.  Ok, so I have checked the front desk and does already have the BLF but I can't find what line they used so that I can edit the list and add more names.  So, at this point I am am looking thru Multiline Set Key Assignment but don't see anything that has BLF in it.  Can you tell me how to find the "one list" that I can edit to add others too.  Thanks!

Online v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 02:40:16 PM »
You can look in multi line set group assignment and it will tell you all the phones that a particular number appears on.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10