Author Topic: Mitel 5000 remove Call Keys(How to restrict 2nd call)  (Read 16738 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 remove Call Keys(How to restrict 2nd call)
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2014, 10:17:34 PM »
Pradeepgali,

Alright, so maybe we need to explain as to what is happening here with this scenario and how Early Media works with the system. So, if you remember I explained Announcements and Overflows, when populated with a CRA, as being like a RAD [Recorded Audio Device] in that it answers the call and plays the message and then hangs up. The Hunt Group does a little magic in that it doesn't really release the call to the Voice Processor when it is an Announcement or Overflow so when the CRA hangs up the audio from the Hunt Group is returned based on whether the call is ringing, camped on, or transferring. The other part you may be missing is that even though you see that you can program the system and voice processor from one interface you need to consider them as being two separate devices that have limited communication between them on the state of calls; ie the Voice Processor doesn't care to know the state of the call it just does what it is programmed to do. So, hopefully that makes more sense as to why you got a 200 OK message versus a 183 Early Media message from the system.

Now, the system does support Early Media, if you have it turned on, and by default it is turned on and you can see that by going to System > SIP Peers > SIP Trunk Groups > {Trunk Group} > Configuration > Early Media Supported [YES|NO]. To see this flag you have to have Online Monitor turned on under the View.

So, to me Early Media would more like Music on Hold being sent to the caller prior to the call actually being considered answered by the system. I have a document that I wrote somewhere that explains when the system determines the call to be answered, but I haven't seen it in a long time so it may take a day or two for me to find it. Anyway, if you turn on Music on Hold through your Trunk Group Configuration you should see the 183 message as it plays the Music on Hold to the listener instead of sending 180 Ringing. If you change the Trunk Group Configuration option for Music on Hold to something providing audio you should hear it. You could also change some of the audio options to Use Next Devices Audio, which means it would then look at the Hunt Group and Extension's settings for audio in certain conditions.

Hopefully that answers you question about Early Media on the Mitel 5000 as that is the most I have had to deal with it up to this point. Maybe someone else in the forums would have a better insight into this than I do and can expand on the answer.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10