Author Topic: Mitel 5000 remove Call Keys(How to restrict 2nd call)  (Read 16677 times)

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 remove Call Keys(How to restrict 2nd call)
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 02:50:57 PM »
i have setup DID/E&M RECEIVE BUSY INSTEAD OF CAMP-ON  flag to Yes for my phone, 2nd call doesn't send busy tone(I am hearing waiting tone on PSTN 2nd call). In Trunk Related information > Call Routing Table > 1, i have configured inbound routing. Please see the attached image for reference.

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 03:15:23 PM »
By changing DID/E&M RECEIVE BUSY INSTEAD OF CAMP-ON  flag to Yes 2nd call went to busy state by using 5224 IP phone. Before i used 5360 IP phone and the 2nd call doesn't busy out. Anyway this works for me.

Thanks  everyone.

One more question. Is there any way we can restrict maximum number of calls on SIP Trunk? there is a field called "Maximum number of calls", but we could not edit it.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 03:17:53 PM »
Did you get rid of the system forwarding?  I suspect it won't look busy if that alternate route is in place, because it's not really "busy" since it has a backup destination.

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2014, 03:36:21 PM »
I deleted System forwarding and now it works fine with 5360 phone too. Thanks
Could you please let me know if there is any way to restrict maximum number of calls on SIP Trunk?(Trunk based restriction)

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2014, 03:58:58 PM »
Sort of!  You could remove some of your SIP trunks from the group BUT YOUR CARRIER WILL STILL KEEP SENDING CALLS.  You need to ask the carrier to reduce your trunks.  Then go into SYSTEM/DEVICES/SIP PEERS/SIP TRUNK GROUPS...pick your TG, got to TRUNK GROUP CONFIGURATION/TRUNKS and start removing.
I think the figure you've been looking at is in the CONFIGURATION part of the SIP TG, and that is just a count of how many trunks are in the list I described above.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2014, 04:35:34 PM »
This sounds like the worst company in the world to try and contact!  :) ;)

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 04:42:50 PM »
Deleting Trunks work.

NTEDave,
We may or may or may not implement this. We just want to know if this feature can be supported by Mitel.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »
Pradeepgali,

I got the feeling earlier that you are just doing integration testing to say that your equipment works with the Mitel 5000 or it does but only xyz features work with it; which is why your system is mostly defaulted. Now, with your comment on whether the Mitel can support the feature or not I am almost positive that is what is going on; who makes those kinds of changes to their equipment without knowing what they are doing unless they are testing integration; answer no one. So, most likely you are a SIP provider of some sort since you seem to know more about SIP than you do about the telephony equipment you are working with.

Of course there could be an alternate situation going on here, like you are just trying to learn the Mitel 5000 and how it works on a deeper level, but there are better ways to do that than playing around on a system testing possible scenarios with features of other vendors.

So, what other integration testing would you like to learn about with the Mitel 5000? I think it is a good idea to get this information out to as many people as possible, even if the scenarios are odd to say the least.

Thanks,

TE

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2014, 07:21:05 PM »
Tech Electronics,

What is you said is correct. I work for Service provider. As part of integration with Mitel 5000 with my provider, i am trying to see how these features work. Below are some of the things i am looking for.

1. Auto attendant: What call made from PSTN to Hunt group and if all the users are busy, the PSTN caller should hear the announcement.
Right now the behavior is PSTN caller is hearing call waiting tone.

2. Call Park: I think this feature is not supported by 5000. (Just want to make sure).

After i am done with this, i am  planning to configure 5000 with T1/E1 trunks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2014, 09:15:12 AM »
Pradeepgali,

Not a problem and we can help make sure that you understand it well and make it easier for you to test the features you are looking for if it is possible.

So, here is how a Hunt Group works in the Mitel 5000 as I am not sure what you actual question is you may need to show a call flow of what you want.

Hunt Groups take calls and control them in order to deliver them to the members[UCD] or agents[ACD] of the Hunt Group. If you don't want it to allow people to camp on when all members or agents are busy then set the Camp On Allowed to No. If this flag is enabled, callers will be allowed to camp on to the hunt group when all members are busy. If this flag is disabled, the callers will hear busy tones when no members are available.  Now, if you want them to hear what some call a RAD we have two options to work with; the Announcement and the Overflow. The Announcement will send the caller to whatever device you put in there, one time, but normally it is set to a Call Routing Announcement that times out to Hangup so it returns the caller back to the Hunt Group without losing their place in the queue. The Overflow works the same way, except it will repeat the process every time its timer expires. You could have both the Announcment and the Overflow set to go somewhere then the Overflow timer does not start until the Announcement timer expires and then it will repeat based upon its timer; so in otherwords there is a delay based on the Announcement timer prior to the first time the Overflow would intiate. The Recall timer is used to send the caller out of the Hunt Group to a device to be taken care of and this process releases the caller from the Hunt Groups control. Now, you also have three audio choices based upon how the caller is currently being handled by the Hunt Group if the Trunk Group is set for Use Next Audio Devices's Audio Source. At anytime during programming you can hit F1 to get a decent explanation of the features in that section of programming.

Call Park is not a built in feature like with some other systems, but it can be emulated by the system in a couple of different ways. Probably the most common way is to create a hunt group for each call park orbit you want and then put a key on the phones that will use it. The setup for this feature is rather simple, but it is not straight forward and I can go into detail on this if you need me to. The reason we don't really need the Call Park feature is that we have what is called Reverse Transfer [default FAC 4] which allows me to pull calls from any device that has an active call ringing, camped on, or on hold. So, basically we can do a transfer to hold to your phone and then page you to let you know and then you can dial 4 plus your extension number and retrieve that call from any other phone in the system.

Hopefully that answers your questions and if not then just let me know what you are looking for in a more detailed question and I or someone else will try to answer it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2014, 10:40:42 AM »
Great,

I am much clear now on hunt Groups now. 

Since i did not have an extension configured to Announcement (I also want to know how to configure this). I  have changed the value of "Announcement" and "Overflow" fields to Voicemail extension(2500). For the purpose of testing i have added one extension(1005) in "Members".
I made a call to DID associated to huntgroup and the Extension added as member is ringing and the call was picked up.

I tried to make an another call which i am expecting to go to voicemail, but i am hearing call waiting tone.   

I have attached the screenshot of huntgroup configuration. Please let me know if need to change anything. 

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2014, 10:41:44 AM »
Sorry, forgot to attach the the huntgroup image.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2014, 01:59:02 PM »
ANNOUNCEMENT plays while call is ringing at time set under timers, plays only once, and agent can pick up call during announcement.  Same with OVERFLOW, except repeats every time timer expires.  Both are designed to assure caller something is really going on, and can even tell caller how many callers are ahead of him and how long he might expect to wait.  How calls are handled in hunt groups are highly variable and programmable...ring everybody at once?  longest idle? circular hunt? balanced call count?  Remember on this system things are designed to GET THE CALL ANSWERED, so it takes a bunch of engineering to not answer.  Investigate the CAMP-ONS ALLOWED flag in the HG, which will return busy if no group member is available.  Look at the RECALL destination which will send the call somewhere else when the timer expires (voice mail?).

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2014, 02:57:57 PM »
Pradeepgali,

Well making your announcement and Overflow the same thing is usually not done, but you can do it. Most of the time you want a different message playing from the first one than the one that repeats itself.

For example: Announcement would say, "were sorry but all of our operators are currently busy helping other callers, please stay on the line and our operators will be with your shortly."

The Overflow would say, "Unfortunately all of our operators are still busy helping other callers, your call is important to us so if you know your parties extension you may dial it now or wait on the line for the next available operator." This Call Routing announcement would have an option to allow the caller to dial an extension out of the Hunt Group.

Lastly you would, after a period of time, send the call to a mailbox using the Recall function, where you are sending it to a phone 1004.

So the way you have this setup is that the customer would hear, after the defaul timer of 18 seconds, You have reached the Mitel Voice Processing System, enter your extension now" or something along those lines. Then after another 72 and repeat every 72 seconds thereafter so you would hear the same message again due to the Overflow Timer and destination. You currently have the system to Recall out, but the default timer is 180 seconds, which is a long time to wait for it to ring extension 1004. Since you have the Camp-Ons Allowed set to Yes then the caller will camp on to wait for the next available member, as it wants to make sure the call is answered. Try setting the Camp-On Allowed to No and it should go to Ext 1004 and ring there until its forward initiate timer, default 15 seconds, is up and sends it to whereever you have its system forwarding set for, by default nothing so it may remain there indefinitely.

To create a standard Announcement and Overflow Message Center you could go to Voice Processor > Devices > Applications and right-click in the open area to the right of all of the other applications and then select, Create a Call Routing Announcement. By default all CRAs start with recording 001 in their Day and Night Greetings which says, "You have reached the Mitel Voice Processing System". Also by default the Digit Translations have nothing in them and they timeout to hangup. So to make an announcement you would change the Day and Night Greetings to another Audiotex Recording that is not being used. I normally set this to be the last two digits of the CRA. So if my CRA was 2505 then my recording number would be 005 for both day and night greetings. To record those you have to have an Administrator Mailbox set up in the system. So just create a standard Unassociated Mailbox and then go to Voice Processor and put that extension in where it says System Administrator Mailbox. If there is one already there then you are good to go and just need to know the password to get into it. It depends if your database was made local or on a live system as to what the password may be, but try the same number as the mailbox or just hit the # key and see if either of those works. If it doesn't then go into the mailbox and change the password. After you get into the mailbox by dialing the extension for Voice Mail and then pressing * it tells you to put in your password. If this is a new mailbox it will walk you through the setup process. Once you are in the mailbox it will tell you how full the hard drive is and at that point you can dial 9,3,1 and it will prompt you to put in your recording number, use all three digits. In my example of 005 you would put in 005 and it will then want you to record something and press # to stop recording and # again to save it.

Once you have your announcement and overflow messages setup you can then go back to your Hunt Group and put the extension numbers for those CRAs in there. I suggest setting your timers down lower for testing purposes. Keep in mind that every 6 seconds is considered one ring. If you create an Associated Mailbox for the Hunt Group and then set the Recall to be the Voice Mail application then it will go to that mailbox to take a message.

Hopefully that is all clear as mud to you.

Thanks,

TE

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2014, 07:40:31 PM »
i am able to make the changes you suggested below. Now i can hear the announcement as soon as the call made from PSTN to Mitel if i change the "Announcement" Timer from 18 to 1. If this timer is set to 18, i can hear waiting tone till 18 seconds and then i can hear the announcement. I am fine with changing this timer, but my concerns are below.
1. As soon as the PSTN caller hear the announcement, the call was answered by Mitel(Mitel sends 200 OK message to PSTN). Is there any way we send announcement as early media to PSTN?(Just what to know the possibilities).

I have attached the screenshots of hunt groups. Correct me if i have configured something wrong.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10