Author Topic: Mitel 5000 remove Call Keys(How to restrict 2nd call)  (Read 16743 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 remove Call Keys(How to restrict 2nd call)
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 03:59:37 PM »
They are not user programmable keys, so you're looking in the wrong folder.

What you need to do is first find what Key Map is assigned to your phone. To do this browse to System -< Devices and Feature Codes -> Phones -> 1004 -> Keymaps. See what the keymap is for Standartd IP/Digital Telephone Keymap Group. Go ahead and double click on the number so it will take you to the keymap.

You should now be back to System->Phone-Related Information->Key Assignments -> IP/Digital Telephone -> (Map #). At the very top line it should say Keymap Type in the left column and something in the right column. Double-click on the right column. You should now get a pop-up that shows you a picture of the phones, and then numbers to indicate each button. Do you  see that?

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 04:14:46 PM »
I went to navigation you mentioned and i am using default key map. I followed the procedure you sent and i have attached the popup image where i can see numbers assigned.

Please find the attached pictures. 

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 04:19:55 PM »
Since you're using the default keymap, you're going to want to create new one, and assign yourself to that. Otherwise any changes you make will effect everyone; unless your intent is to modify everyone.

Within the Default Keymap, there is a drop-down towards the bottom of the pop-up. From there you'd be able to select the default keymap for 5360 phones like yours. You could then remove the second call key.

If you need to create a new keymap, go up the folders till you're back at System -> Phone-Related Information -> Key Assignments -> IP/Digital Telephone. Right click in the gray space and Add to IP/Digital List. You'll have to choose an id number and then the keymap type. You can then modify this new keymap to fit your needs. After your done, you'll need to assign it to your phone as the primary keymap.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 04:32:17 PM »
It doesn't really matter, removing the Call key won't do what you want. Calls will still queue up, you just won't be able to see or answer them.

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 04:33:43 PM »
I am able to change the keymap and delete call key.I learned something which i never did.  But still when the mitel phone is  busy in call, and if a call comes from PSTN, the PSTN caller is hearing waiting tone(Mitel is not sending 486 busy here message to PSTN on 2nd call).

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 04:52:36 PM »
If this is not possible, is there any way we can restrict maximum number of calls on trunk basis?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »
First off, I'm pretty sure eliminating the call key won't stop a second call...it just hangs out there in the ether, ringing your phone, until you do something about it.  Regardless of how many call keys you have you can process unlimited calls.  Instead, try the station flag (DID/E&M RECEIVE BUSY INSTEAD OF CAMP ON (navigate to SYSTEM/PHONE RELATED INFO/FLAGS and add your station to list).
Next, regarding changing keys you're in the wrong place entirely.  The USER PROGRAMMABLE KEYS section is something fantastically difficult to understand...don't go ther, ignore it.  Instead go to SYSTEM/PHONE RELATED INFO/KEY ASSIGNMENTS/IP DIGITAL TELEPHONE.  Pick the map you belong to.  If you're not sure, guess, and when you open it you can go to STANDARD LIST to see who's using it.  Double-click the little icon left of the words KEYMAP TYPE.  If you've done well you'll be presented with a picture of the phone.  each key has a number, and a list to the right tells you what the key is.

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 05:34:57 PM »
I have added the extensions i am using (1003 and 1004) to "DID/E&M Recieve Busy instead of Camp-On. Still the behavior is same.(I can see call key 2 is flashing with 2nd call and the PSTN Caller is hearing Call waiting Tone)

Please find the attached image.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 05:49:13 PM »
Did you change the system forwarding path to include when busy on each station?

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 06:10:23 PM »
The forwarding path was added and the configuration is as shown in figure below. I tried station busy to YES and NO, there is no change in call behavior. Looks like i need to configure this in a proper way. I have also seen System Forwarding Paths (Navigate to System > Phone-Related Information > System Forwarding Paths). There is nothing configured. How should i configure this for my requirement?

Please find the images below.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 10:20:37 AM »
Pradeepgali,

First of all there isn't a way to provide the caller with a Busy Tone, on SIP Trunks if the DID/E&M Recieve Busy instead of Camp-On flag had no effect, unless all of your lines are busy. This is a PBX and its main purpose is to deliver phone calls to users. What you are asking a bunch of technicians and programmers whose sole purpose in life is to make sure those calls go somewhere to get answered is not a normal task and therefore not a simple one.

Secondly, the Camp-On flag that you changed under SIP Trunk Group make sure that is set to YES. This flag is for the devices on the system to be able to camp on to the Trunk Group and wait for a trunk to get out on if they are all busy, not the other way around.

Third, you are using the default keymap which tell most of the technicians/programmers here that your original installing company most likely left a lot of things defaulted, which leaves a lot to the imagination on how your system is really setup.

Now, What do you want to happen to these calls when you are "busy" with the call you are on? The options I will provide you will be nominal, but we may need to know how the calls are getting to you in the first place to find out what is really in charge of that call; my guess is a Hunt Group but I have been known to be wrong.

If you don't know how to answer that then go to System > SIP Peers > SIP Trunk Groups > 92002 > Trunk Group COnfiguration and look for the following two values.

Day Ring-In Type
Night Ring-In Type

Let us know what those are so we can direct you to the next stage and hopefully get this resolved for you.

Thanks,

TE

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 11:42:11 AM »
Thanks for your support.

1. When call came from PSTN to Mitel user, PSTN user should know that the Callie is busy(with busy Tone). We consider this as part of user experience. I understand this may not be normal configuration.

2. Camp-On flag under SIP Trunk Group is set to "YES".

3. You are correct. Most of my configuration is default setup.

When Mitel phone is busy with incoming PSTN call and if the same phone gets another PSTN call, the 2nd caller should hear the busy tone(Mitel should send 486 Busy here to PSTN). This is not the hunt groups. This is an inbound call made from PSTN to IP Phone configured in 5000 with a DID number.

Day ring-in Type and Night Ring-In Type is configured to "Call Routing Table". I also attached the screenshot of this.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2014, 11:50:27 AM »
I had to do this for an Advice service once.

You will need to create a Hunt Group for Every Extn.
Put your Extn in your new hunt group
Turn off Camp On for that hunt group
In the call routing table send your direct dial to the new Hunt Group

Second call should get busy, this certainly works on ISDN, never tested it on SIP.

Edit:

Just tried it on our SIP trunks and it works, second call gets busy tone.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:57:05 AM by NTEDave »

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 12:05:32 PM »
NTEDave,

It worked for me too. I am trying to do the same thing without using hunt groups.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 01:04:19 PM »
How are the calls getting to the desk?  DID, live transfer or auto attendant?  I have SIP trunks and just tested this scenario, set the DID/E&M RECEIVE BUSY INSTEAD OF CAMP-ON flag to YES and I think I got exactly what you're looking for: caller dials a DID, rings phone if available, returns busy if on a call.  Won't work with transferred calls, but does work with direct dial.  Historically we used this for faxes and modems, devices which can only handle one call at a time, but works for phones too.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10