Author Topic: How to connect two 3300 CXi through internet  (Read 13652 times)

Offline gimitel

• View Profile
How to connect two 3300 CXi through internet
« on: November 10, 2009, 09:25:33 PM »
I have two Cxi on different location. I trying to connect them throug WAN (Internet) so i can call e set on the other location by dialing the 3 or 4 digits?
Can someone help me with this?

G

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: How to connect two 3300 CXi through internet
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 09:27:26 PM »
  Do you have a VPN between the sites?  If so, and IP Networking licences are available on the controllers it should be pretty easy....

-Chak

Offline gimitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 09:31:38 PM »
I was thinking to use two internet connection with static ip on both location. Connect the internet modem(router) on the wan port of the 3300 CXi and program the system to call through the wan (ip networking license must be added to)

I am close?

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 09:35:26 PM »
  The problem is most internet modems (routers) do NAT - and I don't know how to do Mitel IP trunking over NAT.  If those modems support VPN that that issue is solved and you are on the right track....

-Chak

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 03:50:05 AM »
Mitel do not support IPT over NAT. It causes 1 way audio.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 10:13:50 AM »
Mitel do not support IPT over NAT. It causes 1 way audio.

I'm just wonder....
Does the Mitel Border Controller allow you to connect IP trunks accross the internet?

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:35:34 PM by ralph »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 04:48:59 PM »
It did introduce SIP but I don't know about the IP trunks. I will look tomorrow and see (I have it running in my office).

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 07:30:15 AM »
The Mitel Border Gateway does have support for SIP trunks so I would assume that you could use this. Your best option is the VPN option I would think.

Offline ctmedina

• View Profile
    • Just me, and my ramblings
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 10:43:49 AM »
We currently only use IP trunks over our MPLS network to send calls via 5 digit ext to other 3300. We actually not have them in a cluster. How would you guarantee voice quality even over VPN connection? We do have some sites that have 3300, but are not on MPLS that we would like to add to the cluster. Hmmm, now you got me thinking...?

Carlos Medina

Not sure the MBG is disigned to do that. We have 2 and I am not sure how you would initiate the connection between the other 3300 and the MBG. I guess if you set it up as a SIP peer?

HHHMMMMMMM?

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »
I am pretty sure you cannot use the WAN port on the controller for IP trunking.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 03:47:54 PM »
I am pretty sure you cannot use the WAN port on the controller for IP trunking.

Your are correct.

Offline Northeaster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 07:43:49 AM »
Hi Guys,

Can you elaborate a bit on not using the Wan port for iP trunking, please.  May be a moot point, but do you mean that one would normally have a managed edge VPN device (or purchased VPN box, firebox, etc) plugged into your internet connection, that would then in turn just plug into your layer 2 switch and the Mitel 3300 LAN port - therefore you really wouldn't be using the WAN port anyway.

I am familiar with the BCM50e, where the WAN port / router is capable of VPN tunnelling to the other sites, so in that case, it could be used for internet connetcion, as well as the tunnels to the other sites for IP trunking.

Unfortunately, the Mitel does not have VPN tunnel capability on the WAN port, so I guess you have to pay for a managed service or buy a standalone box at each site.  I haven't used these types of VPN services, but I assume that you connect from the VPN box to a layer 2 switch, which would connect all PCs/ IP phones and the Mitel 3300 LAN port, correct???

What about when and APCcard is installed, and it is used as teh firewall, connected through the 3300WAN port, for teleworker and internet access.  I don't suppose the APC card supports VPN tunnelling / IP trunking?  If not would a customer who wants teleworker (on an APC card) require 2 public static Ip addresses on an internet connection:  One to be connected to the VPN device, layer 2 switch, Mitel 3300 etc, as well as another to connect to the WAN port to allow the APC card / teleworker to be a public address. 

Just trying to understand the options!!

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »
  The only way you can ever guarantee QoS over the internet is if you can get your ISP's and backbone providers from end to end to you configure QoS correctly.  Meaning it needs to be on every router/device that your voice packets pass through.  That said, depending on a lot of factors, if you have control of both ends and the right equipment you typically can get acceptable performance. 

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10