Author Topic: Mitel AWC  (Read 4672 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mitel AWC
« on: October 21, 2009, 11:34:15 PM »
Ralph, in another thread, you mention the AWC and how you prefer it to the UC/YA Collab. I'm curious as to why? I've been responsible to installing not only are test/demo enviroments for both, but also at customers sites. Like you, I can't speak to pricing, but I much prefer the Collab. Was just wondering why you felt like you do. Thanks!

Brian

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel AWC
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 02:53:22 PM »
Brian,
Honestly, I haven't used the YA collab enough to say that AWC is better that YA.
But I've became a huge fan of the AWC in quick order.   Since I work out of our remote center, I've found this tool to be a really good way to work with customers remotely.   I've set up a permanant conf and then created a shortcut to it so all I have to do is tell the customer to go to our website +"/ralph" and it drops them right to the page to join the conf.   I've really only been using it for a little over a week and already have had customers requesting quotes.   Our sales reps haven't even seen it in action yet but their customers are already generating demand for it.

Ralph

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 12:12:38 AM »
See I guess we used the YA Collab for those same functions. I just prefer the YA's interface. I've found that the AWC's interface isn't nearly as straight-forward for new users. Our sales guys are hard to nail down to train on new products. The YA didn't require alot of explanation, they all seemed to pick it up fairly fast. The AWC has needed multiple explanations.

I guess its more of a personal preference on my part thought. The audio conference part of the AWC is alot better than the QC, but again the simplistic nature of the QC is something that I'll miss.

From my understanding through, the price of the AWC is what will truly make it the better product. The MAS server has finally allowed us to give NuPoint and therefore Call Director to a bunch of smaller sites that really needed its abilities.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 09:00:18 AM »
I did the cert on the QC but never installed one.   Since we also host conference calls on another high end product, I became nervous at what I precieved as security issues that appeared to be lacking in QC.   All answered in the AWC.   

Another thing I think I like is it looks like it may be a "gateway" product into customers that might not have considered a Mitel platform.   What I mean is that a sales rep could offer the AWC along with a 3300 controller as a replacement for conference services a customer may already be using without forcing the customer to replace whatever competitive PBX product they already have.   Now the rep has a foot in the door, the customer has a great product and replacing their old PBX platform now is just an expansion a PBX (Mitel) that they already own.

Can't help it.  Just like the product.

Ralph

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:26:29 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10