Author Topic: Call Park  (Read 9247 times)

Offline msmith2156

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Call Park
« on: May 14, 2008, 03:41:38 PM »
We have had the Mitell 3300 for about three years.  It seems that there are features in it that we were never educated on .  When we call the installer it is like an experiment to figure out how to use it.

I am under the impression that "Call Park," should allow the receiver to "Park" a call and then make an announcment over the PA system as such "Dr. DoGood you have a called parked on 1234."

Does anyone know if my thought process is correct, and how this is set up???

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Call Park
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 04:23:35 PM »
You are correct.
This is a relatively new feature with Mitel.   You could alway call park on a console but not on a station.   What you're describing is a classic "Orbit".   At this point, I'd have to say I'm not even sure how to use the call park feature at the station level.  You should be able to log into the 3300 and do a search on "call Park" in the help files and find what you need.

In general, we almost never install/train this feature.  We actually have few hundred systems installed.
What we do is use the "remote hold retrieve" feature of the system.  The way that works is you put the caller on hold and then do the page to pick up the call off of the line it's holding on.  In our case the user would dial ##7<extn>.  ##7 is the feature code we use for this. Yours would be different.

I hope this helps.  If you need more, PM me and I'll put a little more time into getting your answer.
Ralph

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 08:52:43 PM »
  I jumped for joy when Mitel released Park on the 3300 from regular stations.  My users always wanted to use it in conjunction with paging.

I don't remember what version of 3300 software you have to have to get park - 6 or 7 (I think 7).  If your running old code - upgrade to the latest - some good stuff in there!  Beyond basic Park there is also Park and Page - parks the call and connects you to the paging system in one keypress.

Anyway, as Ralph said, the System Administration help has all the details as long as you have the right version of code....

-Chak

DPGumby

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 10:45:53 AM »
7 I think.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10