Author Topic: Will a phone forward after it's disconnected  (Read 1962 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Will a phone forward after it's disconnected
« on: May 08, 2014, 04:46:41 PM »
Sorry, off for a few days and have a customer that contacted me with a quick question, and I don't have access to a system at the moment...

If a 5340 phone is call forwarded to another extension and then disconnected (unplugged and shipped off), will the calls still forward? I know a few systems that won't do this, but I can't remember if the 5000 is one of them.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Will a phone forward after it's disconnected
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 04:58:56 PM »
Definitely!  Matter of fact, you can forward the phone without ever connecting it by using code 359.  Remember that if you don't really need a phone there you can also use a Phantom Extension.
Special secret: you can also invoke a system forward in programming or, and this is cool, you can program a manual forward (which can include forward to outside numbers) within programming by going to VIEW in the toolbar and choosing ONLINE MONITOR.  Manual forwards and station speed dials will appear along with other new stuff.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 05:02:48 PM »
Duh! I should have just thought of the remote programming thing, use it all the time, not sure why I was questioning myself.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 10:45:30 AM »
In the good olde days before phantoms and remote forwarding, that's how we did all of our forwarding off-site. I can still picture biscuit jacks at the MDF labeled with the forwarding info.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10