Author Topic: SDS Discussion.  (Read 3430 times)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
SDS Discussion.
« on: September 15, 2009, 04:50:30 PM »
Ok, for you techies out there:
We're having an internal discussion as to what forms to use SDS with accross multiple systems.
We can't find any recommendations by Mitel so we're starting to put together our own.
So what I'd like do is start a discusison as to what forms should be used with SDS and what forms you should avoid and when.

Has anyone started putting together something like this already?

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:31:59 AM by ralph »

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
Re: SDS Discussion.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 03:54:14 PM »
whenever I install a new sites I alway enable SDS and where possible enable 99.9% of the forms that can be shared. In a site where I would not do tihs is where no one is really trained on the system but they have access because they are the customer.

In this case I only enable SDS which relates to:

SETS and most forms accessed via the administration menu

The reason I do not enable forms on the config menu is that I have seen so many times cluster and trunk information being erased due to users not know what they are doing.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 04:24:44 PM »
Here's a bit of what I'm thinking should be enabled:

Feature codes
COS
COR
System Spd dial
Trunk Service Assignment
Tel Dir
Mult line status messages (who uses this?)
All Co/stn circ descrptors
Call Rerouting 1st, 2nd, always (not sure on this one so please discuss)
Digit mod

This of course means that a tech is required to fill in the comments fields.

But I'm also thinking of some that should not:
Mult set assignment & keys (my thinking is OPS will handle this)
Trunk assignment.
routes, route lists

I'm just going off the top of my head, but what I'd like to do is put together a document that we could put out there that gives a bit of a standard.

Ralph

aumijo1

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 04:06:22 AM »
I agree with most of what you say, however:

System Spd dial - Generally no, there are often used for unique routing (gateway controller resilient config etc) on a basic setup with all users in the same physical location & nothing complex, possibly, or yes with exceptions, E.g. share 10XX but not 11XX)

Call Rerouting 1st, 2nd, always (not sure on this one so please discuss) - Again a difficult one, important & problematic for resiliency. My thoughts are to share all, but configure specific ranges E.g. 1-9 common to all site numbers (networked Vmail or external destinations via the shared speed calls) 10-19 specific for site 1, 20-29 specific to site 2 etc. Requires a lot of planning, but is REALLY important for resiliency

Digit mod, yes, but again I like to see the following:
1-10 are absorb digits 1-10 (E.g. DM 5 is absob 5) therefore on all sites you know that if you want to absorb 0 digits you select 10. Then all other ranges are for specific mods and all are shared.I have changed a seemingly unused DM on a site & screwed it royally.

ARS, not unless all controllers are co-located & even then with reservations. ARS typically does not change much & I prefer to leave it alone.

D.spown

SDS Discussion
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 01:25:54 AM »
I read from other forums that the speed of the card really doesnt make a difference when used with a ppc. Some even say that using an MMC has no noticeable difference. Whats your ppc anyway?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 08:31:39 AM »
I'm not sure what PPC means?   (Pay Per Click?)   

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10