Author Topic: 3300 integration  (Read 13021 times)

Offline ccboe

• View Profile
Re: 3300 integration
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 09:41:13 PM »
really not sure. it was installed about 2 months ago.
i will login and try to find out

fiber is not hardly used at all (gig link) about 1% usage
yes qos is on for that vlan

just not sure how the vm will work. if bogen passes the call back it is just going back to ext 7001 (the multitech) with no ext info from where it is coming from

has anyone done something like this. i'm by far a "phone man" but i kinda see it like connecting two pbx's together

thanks for all the help
tom

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 10:43:08 PM »
  I can't see how voicemail will work in this scenario.  Users can access their voicemail by dialing their mailbox number after dailing the voicemail pilot.  However I can't get my head around how calls to an end user will end up in the right mailbox on the Mitel system....

-Chak

Offline ccboe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »
  I can't see how voicemail will work in this scenario.  Users can access their voicemail by dialing their mailbox number after dailing the voicemail pilot.  However I can't get my head around how calls to an end user will end up in the right mailbox on the Mitel system....

-Chak

voice mail is on the mitel system. if the mitel phone does not answer it transfers to ext 8000 (my voice mail)

how can i "trunk" the systems together. now the mitel phone calls an ext (multitech box) get another tone then dial the ext on the bogen box

the frustrating part for me (and you???) is i don't know enough about what i have and/or telephone "lingo" (what ports i have fxo,fxs, etc) to enable you to help me

if there is anything i can do or provide please let me know

thanks again
tom

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 11:27:32 PM »
  What digits have to be dialed into the bogen to get an extension?  Here is what I am thinking:

- Hunt group 3000 has members 3001-3004 which are the SIP lines to bogen. and is set to type Voicemail
 - Bogen user has extension 2001
 - set up phantom extension ( key line appearance on a fake IP phone for 2001)
 - Call re-route always 2001 to 3000
 - Once the bogen answers the line, the Mitel will outpulse 2001 (DTMF)
 - Mailbox 2001 has been set up on the Mitel.

I think this will work - you will have to set up the bogen end of this so that what the teachers dial gets routed to the Mitel.  Including giving them the ability to dail into the voicemail system.  They will have to enter their mailbox number as well as PIN as I don't think there is a way to have them just enter a PIN.

That doesn't solve the initial problem - you have to get the bogen/mitel integration fixed....

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 11:32:20 PM by Chakara »

Offline ccboe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 05:05:24 PM »
i agree need to get them talking good first

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10