Author Topic: 5220 Hold problems  (Read 3359 times)

Offline thomasuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
5220 Hold problems
« on: February 12, 2014, 06:25:27 PM »
Hi all.

I have a few Mitel 5220s running in SIP mode connected to our provider directly (Soho66.co.uk). The problem we have is the HOLD and TRANSFER feature does not work on incoming calls.

On outgoing calls, we can press HOLD and the phone is put on hold, music is played, call can be transferred etc. However when HOLD is pressed on an incoming call, the Line 1 light flashes amber as it should, however the call remains connected. I can hear the caller and they can hear me.

I tried contacting the phone company - standard we do not offer support on this model etc.  The seller that sold me the phones is none the wiser.

I've tried everything I can think of and after 5 days am really starting to dislike these phones  ;)

I thought this maybe due to codec incompatibilities, however I am using G711Alaw only. I've tried changing the "Long SIP-Contact(RFC3840)" to ENABLED, but everytime I save and reboot the phone it defaults back to DISABLED (Also does this with the local tone code, not remembering GB and going back to US)

I've tried using Chrome/IE10 on compatibility mode but cannot get it to enable....

Any help at all or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: 5220 Hold problems
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 04:47:26 AM »
Its probably not signalling hold to the SIP peer. There is a setting for this in SIP peer in an MCD don't know if there is a setting on the phone in SIP mode but maybe worth a look. This BTW is just a guess because I have never used them in SIP mode.

Offline Soho66

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 05:56:41 AM »
Hi Thomas,

I work for Soho66 and have put your query to Daryl, one of our senior developers:

"It sounds to me like a signalling issue but, I would need to see a SIP trace to find out what is going on - He would need to do a controlled test, record the numbers involved in the test (which telephone number the call was from / to and, the time of the call, and roughly how far into the call it was placed on hold) and we can take a look to see what is happening. It might be an idea to get one of a working call on hold (on an outbound call) so that we can compare what happens."

If you'd like to get in touch with us, please give us a call on our support number (03333443443) or email support@soho66.co.uk

Soho66

Offline thomasuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 10:45:33 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I have emailed back with some phone calls for tracing, and phoned - still awaiting a response on that one.

I found some setting in an iOS VOIP app, which works with the service including hold etc. Underlined is the one it is set at

Hold Method: INVITE / UPDATE

Hold Direction Mode: NO CHANGE / RFC3264 / INACTIVE / REMOTE HOLD STATUS

Hold Address Mode: NO CHANGE / 0.0.0.0

Resume Direction Mode: NO CHANGE / RFC3264 / REMOTE HOLD STATUS

Is there anyway of accessing similar options on the Mitel Web Interface. Im logging onto the IP of the phone with the Admin login, but find nothing of the sort

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:47:45 AM by thomasuk »

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 11:56:54 AM »
From what I can see if you go to the "SIP Device Capabilities" form there is a lot of tweaking you can do.

Offline thomasuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 12:04:48 PM »
Hi jrg0852,

Thanks for the reply.

Is this within the MCD software or via the web interface.

I tried accessing MCD, but dont have any login details/don't really know how to get hold of it

Cheers

Offline thomasuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 12:47:13 PM »
Update:

Managed to download a copy of MCD v11, around 700Mb. Tried to install, but only extracts a load of .tar file and other non-Windows files

I presume this is to be uploaded to some kind of phone server and not the thing I'm looking for.

I hope I'm not being incredibly stupid here, but operating in SIP mode. I should just be able to input my providers' server details/user/password etc and have a phone working without resorting to some PABX server or other phone related server stuff.

2 phones are on site, 2 are off site.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:49:57 PM by thomasuk »

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 01:09:48 PM »
MCD is Mitel's PBX. You don't want that if your phones are setup in SIP mode.

I've never tried to use a Mitel phone in SIP mode, so I can't really help you with that.

It sounds like your carrier is going to do a trace and look at the messaging when you attempt to put a call on hold. You could get your own via a Wireshark capture if you wanted to.

Offline thomasuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 03:32:04 PM »
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Thanks all for your help. It turned out to be the NAT blocking the parking of the call. When Static NAT traversal was enabled all works fine!

It's strange as I put the phone in a DMZ and reduced NAT to the bare minimum on the router, but thats by the by as it's now fixed

Thanks all!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10