Author Topic: 5324 IP phones - SX200  (Read 4081 times)

Offline grizzz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
5324 IP phones - SX200
« on: January 13, 2014, 05:45:11 PM »
Greetings all...  not sure where to ask this so here goes....

We have one 5324 with two physical DID's.  The customer wants to call forward one of those numbers but not the other.  Is there a way to do this from the set or is it a setting that needs to be done on the server everytime they wish to change it?

Thanks in advance all, and my appologies if this is in the wrong place.

-mike

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 5324 IP phones - SX200
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 11:00:15 AM »

We have one 5324 with two physical DID's.  The customer wants to call forward one of those numbers but not the other.  Is there a way to do this from the set or is it a setting that needs to be done on the server everytime they wish to change it?

-mike
You forward an extension, not a DID... you would have to point one of DID to another extension that you can get to and then put a key on the phone for that line on the phone that rings, and forward it from the other phone or continue to do it in the DID Routing Form (where I assume you are doing it now). Sorry, no easy fix for this one.

Offline grizzz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 01:21:57 PM »

-mike
You forward an extension, not a DID... you would have to point one of DID to another extension that you can get to and then put a key on the phone for that line on the phone that rings, and forward it from the other phone or continue to do it in the DID Routing Form (where I assume you are doing it now). Sorry, no easy fix for this one.

Thank you...  I guess this is where the problem lays....

The customer needs to forward this extension (and only that one) to a cell phone number which changes a lot.  This is a fire department and the number is for the point firefighter.  So the number basically changes every shift.  The problem then comes in - we are not always around to change it on the routing form.  The ideal way would be be to do it using the superkey.

Thank you again.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 04:22:51 PM »

-mike

The customer needs to forward this extension (and only that one) to a cell phone number which changes a lot.  This is a fire department and the number is for the point firefighter.  So the number basically changes every shift.  The problem then comes in - we are not always around to change it on the routing form.  The ideal way would be be to do it using the superkey.

Thank you again.
OK, so basically they have one DID number that needs to forward to cell phone that changes regularly? Why not just add a dedicated 5312 (or some phone) that sits in the office and point that DID to it, then change the forwarding that way?

Or if they have a Superconsole or 5540 console you could handle it multiple ways, with a phantom extension, system speed dial number, or few other ways. A 5340 subattendant could perform some of these functions as well (change call forwarding).

Offline grizzz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 04:30:09 PM »

-mike

Thank you again.
OK, so basically they have one DID number that needs to forward to cell phone that changes regularly? Why not just add a dedicated 5312 (or some phone) that sits in the office and point that DID to it, then change the forwarding that way?

Or if they have a Superconsole or 5540 console you could handle it multiple ways, with a phantom extension, system speed dial number, or few other ways. A 5340 subattendant could perform some of these functions as well (change call forwarding).

Comes down to money and real estate.  There is one person that assigns the transfer and is part of her daily job.  There is no room in her cube for another phone, hence the number being assigned to key#3 on her phone.  There is no Superconsole or 5540 available.  Not trying to be difficult here, but we need to deal with the equipment that we have available as there is no budget to upgrade (there is also talk about a new phone system going in this summer).

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 05:17:10 PM »
Gotcha... I understand

You could also give them web access to the switch... setup Maint2 or some other login to have R/W access to the required forms and turn off or read-only the other forms and show them how to do it via the web portal?

Sorry, but that is about the last option I got.

Offline grizzz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 05:45:09 PM »
Gotcha... I understand

You could also give them web access to the switch... setup Maint2 or some other login to have R/W access to the required forms and turn off or read-only the other forms and show them how to do it via the web portal?

Sorry, but that is about the last option I got.

LOL.  Thanks, I really do appreciate the assistance.  Love it, but again..... <damn I am difficult arn't I?>....  Anyone else have a maybe???

Offline grizzz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 05:59:36 PM »
This came in from a service provider:

"The “Call forward follow me – third party” service code will allow you to set call forwarding for an extension from any other extension. For example, if you have extension 1000 with a second line of 2000 you could dial the code from extension 1000 followed by the number you want to change call forwarding on (2000) then enter the forwarding destination (e.g. 9250XXXXXXX). It doesn’t need to be set from the phone it is forwarding to"

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10