Author Topic: 'New' mobile twinning  (Read 6505 times)

Offline 1quikst162

• Contributer
    • View Profile
'New' mobile twinning
« on: January 10, 2014, 02:05:49 PM »
Our MAS finally tanked. Hardware took a crap and down it went.

It was running the mobile twinning blade alongside the teleworker (mitel border gateway) blade. We've since upgraded to the standalone vMBG. Discussions with our vendor lead us to beleive that the mobile extension blade is not compatible with this version of the standalone vMBG. We have about 50 users that use the twinning service...so we upgraded to the external hot desk licenses and personal ring groups.

For the most part, this is working great. Few kinks I had to work out but it's up & running. However, there's a kink in it.

I have created a new HDU for my cell phone and enabled the EHDU license. I dial the 4 digit  extension, it rings my cell phone. Sweet!

I created a personal ring group and added my EHDU extension. I dial my desk extension, it rings my desk and then my cell phone. Sweet!!

Now the problem :-\

If I answer the call on my cell phone, I need to press a key to answer the line.  Easy enough, I turn off Hot Desk External User - Answer Confirmation.  I call  again and answer on my cell phone and I'm instantly connected.

I want to now test voicemail and make sure the call rolls back to the company voicemail server. I reject the call on my phone....and it goes to my cell phone provider's voicemail. If I just ignore it (silence) the call, it goes back to company voicemail as expected.

So...is this possible? The users are used to rejecting the call and have it return to company voicemail <WITHOUT> having to press a key to answer a call.

I've set the CO Trunk Circuit Descriptions Ignore answer supervision and the Fake something or other to YES, however the issue still persists.

<CLIFFS, TLDR;>

Call to external hotdesk extension. Want to be able to reject a call and have it return to company voicemail while not having to press a key to answer the call.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Re: 'New' mobile twinning
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 03:02:54 PM »
What if you experimented with the ANSWER PLUS system reroute timer in the COS for these? Tweak until it hits the 3300 VM instead of the mobile. Not sure if this is the answer, but worth a try. Thanks.

Offline 1quikst162

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 03:30:37 PM »
What if you experimented with the ANSWER PLUS system reroute timer in the COS for these? Tweak until it hits the 3300 VM instead of the mobile. Not sure if this is the answer, but worth a try. Thanks.

I'll take a look at that, but I don't know if that'll do what I'm looking for.

As it sits right now everything works great. My PRG extension (1234) is called and it rings on 1234, 3*1234 (my 2nd line), 5*1234 (my EHDU /cell phone) I can answer it on any device. If I leave my cell phone and do not touch it, it'll roll over to my voicemail at the office no problem.

The problem arises when I ignore the call on my phone (press reject/etc). If I turn off Answer Confirmation, the caller is sent to my cell phone voicemail system. If I have Answer Confirmation on and reject the call, the caller is sent to the office voicemail platform.

I'd like to have answer confirmation OFF (so the users don't have to press 3 keys to answer a call on their cell phone) while retaining the ability to reject a call and have the office voicemail answer it, not the cell phone.

Offline 1quikst162

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 03:57:29 PM »
This is the part that I'm confused about.

From the MCD Help:
Set "Hot Desk External User – Answer Confirmation" as required depending on whether the trunk terminating at the External Hot Desk User provides true answer supervision. If not provided, ensure that "Fake Answer Supervision After Outpulsing" and "Ignore Answer Supervision" are set to Yes in the trunk's circuit descriptor.

We're using PRI's coming in on this system (and all the other systems in the network). The only place I see these options are under Trunks --> Analog --> Loop Start/LS-GS --> CO Trunk Circuit Descriptors.

We have 3 PRI's connected to this switch which are listed under the Digital section (and there's no reference to these two items).

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 09:14:33 AM »
Answering Confirmation is a COS option.

What it does is this: when your cell rings and you answer it, you have to press a digit on the cell to actually answer the caller.
This helps to prevent calls going directly to your cell phone VM if it's off and you really want to answer it at your desk.

Ralph

Offline Chad Hardaker

• Contributer
    • View Profile
    • Tie Networks
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 02:12:37 AM »
I got tired of having two voicemail boxes, one for my Mitel Dynamic Extn and one for my Mobile. I wanted everything to go to my Mitel Voicemail so, after much mucking about I setup a spare DID on our number range as a virtual extn and pointed it to my Mitel Voicemail box. I then got my Mobile carrier to completely delete and remove all voicemail on my mobile so I didn't have a Mobile Voicemail Box. I then had them setup the CFW BNA Destination as the new spare DID I setup. Thus, everything goes to my Mitel Voicemail now and I only have the one voicemail box. The only limitation here is that callers that call my mobile direct are also routed there, but I didn't mind that as it is a company mobile and I had to have a company greeting etc. I also find it easy using MiCollab Mobile Client (iPhone App) for voicemail notification and review.

The reason I had to set this up is to avoid callers being dumped into my Mobile Voicemail when they called my Mitel Dynamic Extn and my mobile was out of range/off or if i was on it (Busy). The mobile carriers don't seem to want to provide Busy tone, even when i requested it and had my Mobile Voicemail removed. They always answer it.

I also hated the idea of using DTMF for answer confirmation and wasn't going to go down that route. That is the only other alternative as otherwise the Mitel thinks you have answered the call on your mobile when in fact your carrier has answered on your behalf for vmail or some other default notification if you don't have voicemail setup.

Hope this helps.

BTW: might want to be careful on the # of SIP Channels or ISDN Channels you have as if many people within the solution are using it the required Channels will obviously increase.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10