Author Topic: Mitel 3300 / UC Express / Click-to-call  (Read 3539 times)

Offline lukeskinner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 3300 / UC Express / Click-to-call
« on: January 02, 2014, 02:51:07 PM »
We'd like to have a simple page on our intranet listing our key suppliers by destination, which our staff could set as their homepage in Chrome or Firefox.

It would be great if it were possible to click on the numbers and have UC Express dial them from the user's 5330 IP phone.

I've set up the page, and marked-up the 'phone numbers using callto:

This works, in Firefox, on some of the machines, but not all, and in no case does it work in Chrome.  I cannot for the life of me work out what is installed on the machines on which it works in Firefox, which is not installed on the ones where it doesn't work.

Ideally, we'd like users to be able to stick with their chosen browser - FF or Chrome - and have this work.  Failing that, we'd like it to work across all the machines in one or other browser - ideally Chrome, but Firefox would be OK.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might begin to tackle this, please?!

Offline Chad Hardaker

• Contributer
    • View Profile
    • Tie Networks
Re: Mitel 3300 / UC Express / Click-to-call
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 06:31:12 PM »
Not sure on UC Express. I know that with UC Advanced and Internet Explorer you can utilise Smart Tags to highlight and click to dial numbers shown on web pages. Just tried a bit of mucking around with Chrome but suspect you will need to create a bit of middleware via the Software Developer Kit (SDK) provided free within UC Advanced Desktop Client to get it working.

Offline Marah Sayaman

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 01:45:44 PM »
A solution I see is trying out a CTI that's powered by Google Chrome. ***Blocked as spam**** works that way--it's essentially a Chrome extension. The click to dial function on ***Blocked as spam**** also works on spreadsheets, your CRM, and any web page opened in Chrome.

Marah Sayaman
www.***Blocked as spam****.com

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 06:53:16 PM »
I use telify in Firefox to change numbers to callto: linls. A little bit of registry settings to make callto invoke the ucadialer and you should be good to go. I would do a good search of this site for additional reading on how this is setup.

Offline acraig00

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 11:49:52 AM »
Chrome works for us, using callto links on our employee directory. The first time you click a "call to" link in Chrome, you get a pop up asking if it is ok to launch an application. Maybe needs to be launched as admin once to get this prompt?

We've also found having Skype installed can cause issues as it will take the "callto" link association back from UC.

Offline Marah Sayaman

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 03:53:12 PM »
Hi,

Click to dial really is a must-have for easier and faster dialing. Try checking out ***Blocked as spam****. It's a CTI that supports a lot of CRMs including Mitel, and has a lot of amazing features like Click To Dial Anywhere and Call Logging. It also has a cool user-friendly floating UI. Go to ***Blocked as spam****'s website at https://www.***Blocked as spam****.com/ to see all its features and I'm sure you'll find that it will suite all your needs.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:00:31 PM by Marah Sayaman »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10