Author Topic: Mitel 3300 DTMF tones to FaxPress  (Read 17022 times)

cibox

Mitel 3300 DTMF tones to FaxPress
« on: August 27, 2009, 12:19:08 PM »
Hi All - does anyone know the answer to this question:

Can the Mitel 3300 produce DTMF tones to advertise the number dialled? This is available on other Mitel switches such as the SX200 and the 5200 but i've been told it's not available on the 3300???
The DTMF tones are used to identify the fax number dialled to a fax server for DDI inbound routing. Here are the instructions from a tech note on how to configure this on an SX200:

*****The FaxPress connects to the Mitel switch using standard analog ports. In order to use in band DTMF      integration from various DOD numbers, phantom extension numbering and abbreviated dialing are required.

First connect the FaxPress to analog ports and program the first to busy call forward to the second, or put them into a hunt group together.

Next setup a
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:52:34 AM by ralph »

bigsin

Re: Mitel 3300 DTMF tones
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 01:10:33 PM »
It's possible, you have to make the analogue ports as voicemail ports. The DTMF tones is also used if you have an external vrs system.
What I have done in the past is using Named Tag Huntgroup which I forwarded to an other huntgroup with all analogue lines)

What you have to do in a few steps

1) Make the analogue lines as a voicemail port by using the right cos.
2) put these lines in a voicemail huntgroup
3) Make a Named Tag huntgroup using your faxnumber
4) forward the named Tag huntgroup to the voicemail huntgroup

You can find more information in the help documents in the 3300
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 01:12:46 PM by bigsin »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 01:12:57 PM »
Yes.  Can be done.   Do it often.
Put all your Fax port into a hunt group.   Set the hunt group type to "Voice Mail".
Go to the call rerouting always alternative form and program the hunt group number there.
Now take phantom 5330 and program it using the 1st number you want to route to the fax server.
Then in Multiline key assignment form all all the other numbers you want forwarded to the fax server as keys on the phone.
Next go to the call rerouting assignment form and assign the Always alternative number to each of the numbers.
Now when you call those numbers the system will transmit the DTMF as soon as the port answers.
You may need to modify the timers on the fax server to wait for DTMF a few milliseconds.

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:48:26 AM by ralph »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 09:57:51 PM »
  Beat me to it Ralph - just did this the other day to integrate a Multitech Faxfinder .....

-Chak

cibox

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 05:09:57 AM »
That's great news. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
  ;D

cibox

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 08:47:57 AM »
Hi Guys,

Ralph's tech note has helped a lot and worked on all the 3300's we've worked with so far:

"Yes.  Can be done.   Do it often.
Put all your Fax port into a hunt group.   Set the hunt group type to "Voice Mail".
Go to the call rerouting always alternative form and program the hunt group number there.
Now take phantom 5330 and program it using the 1st number you want to route to the fax server.
Then in Multiline key assignment form all all the other numbers you want forwarded to the fax server as keys on the phone.
Next go to the call rerouting assignment form and assign the Always alternative number to each of the numbers.
Now when you call those numbers the system will transmit the DTMF as soon as the port answers.
You may need to modify the timers on the fax server to wait for DTMF a few milliseconds."

However i've just had a new customer that has an error when trying to select the "Voice Mail" option for the hunt group. The option is there but if you try to select it the error "Invalid Class of Service" pops up - does anyone know why?

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 09:52:09 AM »
If you set the hung group type as VMail then any entry in that group must have the COS option 'COV/ONS/E&M Voice Mail Port' enabled.

cibox

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 10:24:54 AM »
Thanks for you reply Bob. I've checked this and the extensions we're adding do have the option 'COV/ONS/E&M Voice Mail Port' enabled. I can now create the Hunt Group with the type "VoiceMail" but when I try and add the extension numbers we now get ""this member DN cannot be in a hunt group with this group type". It would make sense if these extension numbers weren't enabled for option 'COV/ONS/E&M Voice Mail Port' but in the COS associated with them this option is selected.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple but can't work it out. ???

Thanks.

cibox

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 05:07:24 AM »
Hi Guys,

We got this working - eventually! we used some completely new numbers and it worked - it looks like the existing numbers are assigned somewhere else; just need to find out where.

Thanks for your help

;D

xroads

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 06:13:41 PM »
I read through this post, and am still having some problems getting this to work.  I am using a Mitel 3300 with a Rightfax server.  Last Friday our Rightfax server went down. We had our phone vendor forward all of our Fax DID's to a regular fax machine. 

We got the fax server up and running again, but when we switched it back to send to the fax server it is not sending the routing code (DID that was dialed) or the Caller ID.  Our Rightfax routes the faxes based on the routing code. 

I am not sure if something is misconfigured on the Mitel or the Rightfax server, but we followed the instructions in the above posts, actually that is pretty much how we had it setup. 

I know the DTMF feature works on the Right fax server because if I call one of the ports and type in an extension 1234, it shows it on the routing group column. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 08:47:41 AM »
When ever I've seen this it's always been resolved in the Rightfax.
The issue is, the Rightfax is not waiting long enough for the Mitel to send the digits.
There needs to be a delay between the time the Rightfax answers and the time it assumes you are not sending digits.
Find this timer and you should have it resolved.

Ralph
www.aavoicepro.com

cibox

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 12:29:27 PM »
Hi Guys,

I have a customer that is using DDI inbound routing over analogue using DTMF tones on the Mitel 3300 phone switch connected to a Faxpress server. They are however losing some digits when passing the DTMF tones to the Faxpress.

I understand that the DTMF digits are a minimum of 40ms long with the pauses between the digits also a minimum of 40ms long. Is there a setting that will increase the time between the DTMF tones? Is there a DTMF inter digit timer/delay and where can i find it on the system? ???

Thanks in advance!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 01:35:00 PM »
There isn't any timer where you can change the durration of a DTMF tone.
Which digits are you loosing?  1st?  Random?

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:48:45 AM by ralph »

cibox

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 04:02:12 AM »
Hi Ralph,

thanks for your reply. the digits we are losing seems to be random. it's been suggested we need to change the delay between the DTMF tones rather than the duration of the DTMF tone itself. is there a timeout/delay setting that can be changed to increase the delay between these tones?

Thanks.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 08:04:36 AM »
Sorry.  No timer for that either.

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:48:55 AM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10