Author Topic: Using IP Trunking between sites  (Read 3465 times)

Offline jackpod

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Using IP Trunking between sites
« on: September 02, 2009, 05:29:45 PM »
I have multiple locations, each with its own SX200. I just finished installing IP Trunking between 2 sites over our 100 meg qmoe link. Previously I had a T1 between the sites (we will call the main site A and this secondary site B). Also the voicemail (AVST Call Xpress) for both sites A & B are located at site A. Both sites have their own PRI with 4 digit dialing between sites A & B. After the migration almost everything works as planned, 4 digit dialing between sites, Site B able to use 4 digit dialing into the voicemail system. What does not work is use of the message button. If a voice mail is left on a  deskset (I use 4025's and 4150's) at site B, the MWI lights up but the user is unable to press the message button (they get a busy). However they are able to 4 digit dial into the voicemail and retrieve messages but the MWI does not go out...

Ideas?

Jack

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Using IP Trunking between sites
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 09:59:13 AM »
It sounds like the FAC is not going over the IP trunk.

Offline jackpod

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 07:45:22 PM »
Just thought I would do a follow up...

After doing a lot of research, trying many different things, to the point of having to restore from a backup. Upon restart the MWI problem suddenly disappeared...

So it isn't just windows that a reboot fixes the problem

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 01:10:40 AM »
LOL - yeah, it wasn't that long ago that Mitel recommended a weekly scheduled reboot of the 3300.

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10