Author Topic: PRI/Trunk Question  (Read 3196 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
PRI/Trunk Question
« on: November 20, 2013, 02:00:11 PM »
I have a PBX with one PRI which I know is working just fine and this PBX also has 8 digital lines that were being used for backup. I wasn't here when they created this backup so I don't have knowledge of the actual numbers attached to those 8 lines or if there truly still active. Is there a way to find out if there still active via using the system? I know you can grab individual trunk lines and make a call out and get the number but I have never needed to do this on digital.

My next question would then be if those 8 lines are still active could I program them to be apart of the PRI so that we use these extra lines?

Thanks,

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: PRI/Trunk Question
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 01:10:56 AM »
I have a PBX with one PRI which I know is working just fine and this PBX also has 8 digital lines that were being used for backup. I wasn't here when they created this backup so I don't have knowledge of the actual numbers attached to those 8 lines or if there truly still active. Is there a way to find out if there still active via using the system? I know you can grab individual trunk lines and make a call out and get the number but I have never needed to do this on digital.

My next question would then be if those 8 lines are still active could I program them to be apart of the PRI so that we use these extra lines?

Thanks,
Not sure what you mean by "digital lines"... do you mean ISDN BRI lines? If you so you should be able to see the status of the circuits. The Mitel 3300 doesn't really support any kind of digital lines other than T-1 or ISDN.

As far as your other question, your telco should be able to put any "lines" into a PRI as a DID numbers.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 04:23:20 AM »
Unless you are talking about SIP trunks.....which quite a few people call 'digital' lines for some reason.....

If they are backup I would imagine that they are in a seperate trunk group so perhaps the first step is to see how many trunk groups you have programmed.

And if they are then you can do a route list which will fall over to them if the main group is busy via ARS. (outgoing)

Incoming is  alittle more difficult unless you know the numbers...

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 08:45:38 AM »
Agree with others in I am not sure what you mean by digital lines. If BRI follow the suggestions. If SIP then use the maintenance command to test the SIP link ( see help file on maintenance commands ). That's a quick way to tell if the SIP trunks are active or not.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »
sorry, didn't mean to confuse the situation. The vendor calls them Digital Trunks and in my hast I said digital lines it's 8 lines coming into the system via T1. I figured out half of what I needed. I didn't realize you could dial the individual trunk access code with PRI trunk codes. What I'm trying to do if it's possible is take those 8 lines and tack them on the end of the existing PRI programming to create 31 lines instead of 23. Maybe the only way is to create a new route and say first choice full PRI second choice 8 lines and if the first choice is busy it will then route the next call out the 8 lines?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 03:26:40 PM »
I'd simply tack them onto the end of the Trunk Group you have for the 1st PRI.

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 04:41:06 PM »
Thanks, I wasn't sure if I could do this.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10