Author Topic: Little Phone systems  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Little Phone systems
« on: July 30, 2009, 09:58:40 PM »
  We have a fairly large "very small business" client base.  I'm talking 5-20 sets.  Remember we are a networking company before a phone company and in these shops we are the whole IT department.

We have found that the 3300 and 200ICP's are just too darned expensive for these little shops.   As we have never done TDM based phone systems we are now looking for a cost effective IP based system.  I'm looking at a demo 3000 unit on my desk, but it seems antiquated - and to get IP on it you are looking at $1000 add.

For these little shops analog trunks are probably fine.  We haven't yet delved into the SIP realm yet - mainly due to concerns about QoS.  For some of these small shops a "converged" T1 with PRI might be nice but I don't think PRI support is required.

Does anyone out there have any good recommendations for little IP based systems.  We aren't opposed to Astrix based solutions - but it needs to have a good support structure from the manufacturer behind it.

Thanks in advance.....

-Chak

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: Little Phone systems
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 03:55:05 AM »
Have you looked at the mitel 3600 hosted platform? I know there are companies here in the UK using it to provide 2 + ext on multipul small sites. There are obviously some setup costs initially but once the system is up additions are minimal costs

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 08:24:48 PM »
This thread jumped out at me this AM because we had another one of those bogus message attached to it.   But after re-reading the thread, I thought I'd pop up on this one.

The problem with small systems for business is that for reseller our size, we typically don't have a small end product that fits the < 5 extension systems.   Certainly we could try to sell them a 200 icp but in reality even that's pretty much hitting a fly with a sled hammer.   It's just too much.   

You could host via the 3600 as an option also.

But let me just add a little something here.   I've been involved with a program for a few years, and although I'm not making as much money as I used to with it, it's still viable.  It allows me to sell Long Distance services, T1/PRI, Data, cable TV, etc, but also hosted small business phone systems with unlimited local and long distance.    All with residual income and all "hands off" meaning you can point the customer to where to get it, perhaps help them with it, then collect a monthly check.

Bear in mind if you're not selling on behalf of the company you work for you may have some issues, which is why I stick to "hands off" and residential only but that doesn't mean that some of you couldn't push it for the mutual benefit of your small end customers, larger customer with T1, T3, PRI etc, and collect a monthly residual income from it.

Like I said, I've been involved a few years with this program.  Back in the heady days of cutting long distance cost I was making quite a bit of money, not so much now because I can't push some of the products because of conflict of interest with the company I work for,  but I still get a residual monthly check.

Some notes:
1- This doesn't cost anything to sign up to do this.
2- You will be expected to sell *something* at least once a year to be considered active but that hasn't been a problem for me (I ain't a sales rep type person BTW)
3- The only commitment is just to sell the product.  You don't have to buy anything.
4 - You are responsible to be sure you don't have any conflict of interest within the company you work for.   If you are the company - better yet.
5- This is a MLM set up.   If you sign up under the link below, I will be getting a percentage of what you sell.  This works for your benefit also since anyone you sigh up you'll be getting an "over ride" also.   Don't let the MLM thing bug you.  It's never got in my way.  As a matter of fact, although I do have a "down line" I've never talked to any of them and my up line has never bothered me.  Still I've made quite a bit of coin from it.   (Bear in mind, if you're in my down line - of course I'll help you in any way I can)

I'd recommend signing up just to try it out.  It wouldn't hurt anything.

Here's the link to sign up: http://www.commissionriver.com/publisher_signup.html?crid=11590

Ralph
www.aavoicepro.com

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:06:39 PM »
  We looked at a couple of these solutions.  As always with VoIP my concern was QoS over the internet.  We evaluated a few and landed on Allworx for our small businesses.  Decent little system at the right price.

Allworx is now a subsidiary of Paetec whom I believe is a national CLEC.  I'll post my questions about them in a new thread....

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10