Author Topic: Strange error  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Strange error
« on: July 10, 2009, 02:29:16 PM »
I have a few sets that I am enabling resiliency on and one of them will not work for some reason. OPS tells me that there is a failure on the secondary controller. Log into the secondary controller and the programming for that resilient device is almost complete (missing all but three buttons). I attempt to delete the RDN for this device and I get an error reading "Number of IP Licensed Users exceeded." I'm deleting one so what does this have to do with anything?

When does the 3300 consume a user license instead of a device license?

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
Re: Strange error
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 03:55:06 PM »
If there are only 3 keys missing use SDS from the primary controller to sync those keys out to the resilient controller

The error you are getting normally occurs when, (1) there no more licenses or (2) someone has used the Opsman License on that controller which it uses for Resiliency. Mitel refer to this license as the hidden one.

However, it certainly should not say this if you are deleting.

What I do to fix this is to find a user or device that does not have the shared marks before the configeration line. This is an indicator that the extension was programmed on the system and not via opsman.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Strange error
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 11:54:35 AM »
Turns out someone had programmed a device on the controller as a "test" and didn't delete it when they finished. deleted this and all is good now.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10