Author Topic: 3300 Telephone Directory Size  (Read 4286 times)

Offline Splosh

• Contributer
    • View Profile
3300 Telephone Directory Size
« on: August 13, 2013, 04:23:30 AM »
Does anybody know what the maximum number of external contacts that can be added to the telephone directory. We are running a CX controller and want to import 16,000 contacts from our CRM system. During the import the form times out.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: 3300 Telephone Directory Size
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 08:04:50 AM »
From MXe help files.

Corporate Directory
 The number of Corporate Directory entries provisioned and the maximum number of them supported (19999/50004/64999).

Base is 19999 and the system can be reconfigured through flex dim to that other options. This means however you have to give up something. Changes are also supposed to be run past Mitel engineering to make sure the system will support the configuration.

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 04:17:11 PM »
If you select a higher number of cluster systems in the LOS page it will automaticly give you a higher number of Tel. Dir entry's.

Offline Splosh

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 05:06:18 PM »
I have reached our max for our system. 1432 numbers. If I try to add more is says no due to alpha tagging... Our Mitel partner says:

"Following further investigation from our internal technical help desk and support from Mitel 3rd line we understand that the Mitel Directory is based on a 4 digit extension entry. (essentially an internal directory albeit that external numbers can be included).

You have purchased the CX controller which has a user limit of just over 100 IP users and is therefore processor power and memory is resourced accordingly.

Our understanding is you are attempting to upload over 16,000 directory entries which are largely external numbers ranging from 12- 16 digits into a system of this size.

Whilst the Mitel system has one of the largest internal directories on the market the directory resources cannot support the number you are looking at especially as the majority are 12-16 digit entries.

Our understanding is that this is not possible even if we plan to flex the system dimensions. Flex Dims is a chargeable service where we can allocate more system resource to a particular area of the system features, in this case the directory, by reducing the resources allocated to other features.

It is Mitel’s opinion that to achieve a directory size similar to the one you are trying to load will take so much resource it will seriously affect the normal operation of the system and therefore they would not undertake this.

The conclusion being that we cannot import the directory size you are attempting"

We can cut down 16000 entries, but 1432 is not many. Or should I just accept it? Advise please?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 05:46:10 PM »
I pulled this from the tech hand book for 6.0 SP1  page 407

Telephone Directory Entries (55-65000) 20000 / 30000 (see note 1)
1 Default value (larger number) when 250 Maximum Elements Per Cluster is selected.

It says that "(55-65000)" is the min/max with flex dim.
Is it possible that yours was changed to make room for more of something else?

Ralph

Offline Splosh

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 07:24:49 AM »
No, the system is very normal, just a CX 3300 box with 40 handsets. MAS with UCA and NU running in VM and MBG in VM for teleworkers. How do I check if flex dims have been done? How many external entries do you have?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 08:32:57 AM »
You could always try to flex them and see if it has a negative impact or not. I would suggest you have your VAR do it and then return it to the default settings if something is wrong.

But if Mitel Engineers are advising against it, I would say you may need to find another method to get these entered. Is there a way to add those contacts to UCA? I have never tried to enter anywhere near that many external contacts.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10