Author Topic: New 3300 Installation problems  (Read 7363 times)

Offline buttonsandzips

• Contributer
    • View Profile
New 3300 Installation problems
« on: March 13, 2008, 10:21:47 AM »
Hi, we have just had 3 x 3300 controllers installed with Ops/Enterprise Manager.  There are 3 sites each with their own controller and the Ops man keeping them in sync.  Each system has its own voicemail with the same number (3000)

The whole installation was a botch by the supplier so I am looking for some guidance from any knowledgable people here...

1.  We only have one console and the main office number from Site 1, site 2 and site 3 all come to there.  This works fine but the operator can only transfer calls directly to voicemail boxes on one controller, not all of them.  So if she wants to put someone through to a users voicemail which is on controller at site 2 or 3 she can't do it and has to transfer it to the extension and wait for it to time out to voicemail!

2.  You can only check voicemail boxes which are on the same controller you are homed to.  I would have thought the voicemail system would be clever enough to realise that I am after a mailbox on a different system and pass me over to it automatically?

3.  When you get a call as a result of someone calling a hunt group there is no indicator on the screen (5212 handset) that the call came from the hunt group, it just shows the number of the person calling.  If you are a member of several hunt groups it would be useful to know which one is calling you as you may need to answer in a different way.

All these things we were told were possible but the supplier has yet to prove it!

Any advice gratefully received!

Offline swilson

• View Profile
Re: New 3300 Installation problems
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 10:59:01 AM »
We had the same problems here when we out grew the capacity of one controller and now have two with voicemail. 

1. We had to give the voicemail a different number on each controller and make sure that number was in the teldir on OPSman
2. When transferring to voicemail you have to dial the correct voicemail pilot number, same for checking it on another controller.

As for the caller ID it is a setting in class of service - Display Held call ID on Transfer set it to no.  I could be wrong on this one though.

If you need more help on the voicemail let me know as my vendor wasn't helpful either and I had to figure this out myself.

Offline buttonsandzips

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 12:21:13 PM »
I have just been looking through the docs and it seems that a Ring Group rather than a Hunt group will show the group name on the display when it rings.  Think I will have a play at setting one up and see what happens...

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 12:04:47 PM »
It could easily be set up so that an alternate number for each vm system could be dialed without change the fact that each user dials 3000.  For example, 13000 could be PBX1  23000 could be dialed for pbx 2 and 33000 dialed for PBX3.

The only person that would need to know this would be the operator.  Everyone else would dial 3000.   This is just a minor ARS change.  About 15 minutues worth of time once connected to the system.

Alternatly, depending on how the VAR retrieved the vm box licensed from Mitel, you could just move everyone to a centralized vm.  Meaning all vm boxes are set up on  a centralized controller.  Downside is that you won't have vm if the link goes down between buildings.

As for the hunt group.  It's a COS change.

Ralph

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 11:14:14 PM »
  That is what I was thinking Ralph - just use one controller to host everyones VM....

DPGumby

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 05:01:39 PM »
Pretty sure there is a Class of Service option to allow the display of the hunt group name and number. May depend on the software you have.

The voicemails embedded in the the 3300 are basic and not really aware of each other, so they will not pass off calls to other systems.

As was suggested by others you need to use different numbers for the voicemail hunt groups or setup ARS to compensate. You can use conflicting numbers in a cluster ( i.e all 3000's ) as long as you don't try to put a name to the extension in the telephone directory ) The problem is the normal cluster routing will not let you call the other numbers. You need to setup a ARS route on each to do so.

How it works. You create an extension on one 3300 in EM and put it in the tel dir. That extension then gets synced out to the other systems and becomes an entry in their remote directory number form . Now the systems all know how to route the calls to this new number witout any other programming.
With 3 systems all using 3000, then that number can't be in the tel dir, therefore the systems don't know how to direct calls to those numbers unless you program ARS routes to allow you to call between systems.

Sorry rambling here, your problems shoud be easily fixable.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10