Author Topic: Heartbeat server - Lost contact errrors  (Read 7252 times)

Offline 1a1nC

• View Profile
Heartbeat server - Lost contact errrors
« on: July 19, 2013, 09:55:32 AM »
Hello All on the Mitel forum.

I am a sys-admin for a small company with a newly installed Mitel 3300 phone system (supplied by BT)
I keep getting phones dropping off my network - 5330e phones several times per day, these co-oincide with messages like this in the error log..

Software  1780  Warning  2013/Jul/19  13:59:13  Heartbeat Server
  ICP has lost contact with (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (08-00-0F-XX-XX-XX)), network driver cluster pool free: 3004 and low water mark: 2883

Reboot the phone and it is immediately fine, leave it and it takes hours or never reconnects.

We are using our own DHCP server with the 125 data setup by the BT engineer, the engineer has suggested that I increase the lease time of the DHCP server to days instead of hours which I have done to no success, in fact I have reserved  IP addresses for all the phones, too, also to no good result.

The office network is connected via brand new L2 managed gigabit PoE switches and the load is low, can anyone help as to why the phones keep dropping out?

Kind regards,

Iain.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: Heartbeat server - Lost contact errrors
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 01:34:31 PM »
Have seen some posts suggesting there may be a bug in certain loads of software that saw loss of heartbeat. However those seemed to occur late at night. Have seen problems on 5330e sets not booting when a DNS entry is programmed in DHCP option 6.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: Heartbeat server - Lost contact errrors
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 08:13:56 AM »
As rljcrljc indicates there have been reported issues with ICMP redirects causing sets to reboot when the keep alive message gets lost.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10