Author Topic: Forward Phantom Profile to real phone number  (Read 15297 times)

Offline alexw

• View Profile
Forward Phantom Profile to real phone number
« on: May 28, 2013, 08:49:25 PM »
G'day.

I have a problem and I really hope you'all can help me with that. We have a 5000CP here.

We have an automated night announcement for after hour calls.
What is set up so far is the announcement (Application 2506), then with digit translation it detects 8 or 9 and forwards it
to a Phantom Profile. That phantom profile is supposed to have a phone number so it can forward it to lets say a cellphone
number for emergencies or anything of that kind, but how or where can I tell the phantom profile to forward???  :-[

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Forward Phantom Profile to real phone number
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 01:39:25 AM »
Others can correct me if I'm wrong or suggest better alternatives as I'm quite green with these systems.
1st make sure you know or change the passcode of the phantom, e.g. 1110 (Normally it is default to the same as your extension number)
Next perform a remote forward of the phantom by dialling 359 phantom  passcode  # 355 destination remembering to prefix with outgoing access code
e.g. 359 1110 1110# 355 9 4802xxxxx #

The other thing I have done is if you have DEE licenses is to create the phantom with a DEE mobile extension to ring the external number rather than forwarding.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:37:35 AM »
Others can correct me if I'm wrong or suggest better alternatives as I'm quite green with these systems.
1st make sure you know or change the passcode of the phantom, e.g. 1110 (Normally it is default to the same as your extension number)
Next perform a remote forward of the phantom by dialling 359 phantom  passcode  # 355 destination remembering to prefix with outgoing access code
e.g. 359 1110 1110# 355 9 4802xxxxx #

The other thing I have done is if you have DEE licenses is to create the phantom with a DEE mobile extension to ring the external number rather than forwarding.
sarond is correct here, although I don't believe Phantom Extensions have a default password, you will have to set one manually before the above instructions will work, then here is the breakdown from any system extension:

1) 359 (Remote Station Program Feature Access Code)
2) 1110 (Phantom Extension Number)
3) 1110# (Phantom Ext Password you defined)
 - You are now able to activate features as if you were physically on that extension -
4) 355 (Feature Access Code for Forward All Calls)
5) 8 (Outside Call access code, make sure you set the Outside Extension in Associated Extensions of the Phantom correctly)
6) 2223331234 (Destination phone number as you would normally dial it)
7) Hang Up

Offline alexw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 11:22:10 AM »
Good morning,

Thanks for the suggestions.  :D
We do not want to changes passwords or what so ever. I found what I was looking for after quite a bit of research.

It is just a setting in the system. You have to turn on  'On-line monitoring', so you get the 'advanced options'.
So the Application is forwarding to an digital transition and listens to the user input, and depending if the user hits  8 or 9
the system is forwarding to a phantom profile, and the phantom is forwarding to a specified number.  ;D

I just totally forgot about the 'advanced options menu' you have to turn on to see that setting.  ::)

Thanks again.  :)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 03:30:45 PM »
I am not sure I understand your hesitation to change the password on a phantom extension (or any individual extension for that matter) but the way you describe does work... be careful messing around in the On-Line Monitor though, it can cause, ummm, lets just say, "questionable" results when you mess with some things.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10