Author Topic: Mitel UCA Download?  (Read 28798 times)

Offline JoeShmo

• View Profile
Mitel UCA Download?
« on: May 01, 2013, 02:25:39 PM »
I cant seem to find where my clients can download the UCA client.  I need it for both Windows and Mac users.  I thought it was on the server somewhere, and I also thought the welcome email would say where to get it from, but thats not the case.

I have it on my machine, but its an old version, and the UCA server automatically updated it when I upgraded UCA.  However, it would seem kind of silly to put the version I have (which I forgot where I got it from), only to make it go through the upgrade again.

Guessing there is some path on my UCA url to download the client...  ideas?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 04:30:39 PM by ralph »

Offline JoeShmo

• View Profile
Re: UCA Download?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »
Well, after scouring the web, I found that the Windows version is at:
http://[uca server name]/ucs/dl/UnifiedCommunicatorAdvanced.msi
still looking for the mac version.

I was poking around the server, and noticed MitelUCAdvanced.apk in the same spot, but I'm guessing thats the android/mobile version.
Does it exist for mac?

Offline JoeShmo

• View Profile
Re: UCA Download?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 03:05:09 PM »
Also... is there a way to edit the welcome email that gets sent out, so I can include the URL to the UCA download?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel UCA Download?
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 05:28:40 PM »
To my knowledge, there is no Mac compatible UCA client. If your on a Mac, you have to use the UCA web-based.

Are you sending the MAS welcome email or the UCA welcome email? If you send the UCA welcome email, the third paragragh after stating their login credentials is "Click the following link to download the Desktop Client software. Refer to the UC Advanced Quick Reference Guide for installation and log in instructions.
Link to download client software: " followed by a link to http://[uca server name]/ucs/dl/UnifiedCommunicatorAdvanced.msi

Offline JoeShmo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 02:47:26 PM »
I found the problem.  Apparently, when you setup users in UCA, they do not have access to UCA, but the welcome message still tells them their username/password, but does NOT give them the link to download UCA.
Instead, you have to open up the "Licensed Features" (per user!) and set the profile to something other than the default.  THEN the welcome email will include the link to the UCA download.  Because apparently, the default profile cant have licensed features.
(sigh).  It amazes me that Mitel is still in business.

Offline mav

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 02:43:10 PM »
There is no client for MAC, all you can use is the web

Offline JoeShmo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 03:03:12 PM »
using an authentication server isnt really easy vs. secure.  Nor is having to hand type in 500 usernames/email addresses twice (as you have to add a contact email address) secure.  At the very least they should allow me to import a flat file to activate all the users (which it already knows about, since it syncs with the controller anyway).
Sure, for companies with around 50 users, hand entering might not be so bad... but 500?  it gets a little rough.

Offline hawker180

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 02:31:33 AM »
If you have 500 users, you should maybe look at doing the AD import into UCA

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10