Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - New user - Lots of questions - Please Be Gentle!!  (Read 24047 times)

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - New user - Lots of questions - Please Be Gentle!!
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 04:11:07 AM »
I wouldn't worry about putting phone in DMZ, just have it NATting normally.

Remove all port forwarding from system router and put system in DMZ, leave remote phone behind NAT. Test and see what happens.

Offline d95gas

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 07:07:21 AM »
I wouldn't worry about putting phone in DMZ, just have it NATting normally.

Remove all port forwarding from system router and put system in DMZ, leave remote phone behind NAT. Test and see what happens.

Okay removed all open ports.
System placed into DMZ
Remote phone removed from DMZ and just NATing.

Result was that we lost the audio coming from the system end . (Originally, on the remote phone, I could hear the system end, they could not hear me)

Place phone back in DMZ .  I can hear the system end, they cannot hear me

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2013, 08:37:18 AM »
I am not familiar with Draytek routers so I am of limited help.

Is there other firewall rules in place on the router? It sounds like there could be some really restrictive rule on outbound.
Disable firewall rules if applicable.

Do you have other routers that you could try? Or maybe try the VPN tunnel.

Offline d95gas

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2013, 09:00:29 AM »
I am not familiar with Draytek routers so I am of limited help.

Is there other firewall rules in place on the router? It sounds like there could be some really restrictive rule on outbound.
Disable firewall rules if applicable.

Do you have other routers that you could try? Or maybe try the VPN tunnel.

The crazy thing is that there are no other firewall rules.   In fact yesterday afternoon we disabled the firewall on both ends for a short period and it never changed anything.    Really am getting frustrated with something that should really be plug n play with some minor adjustments of the ports.

Just seems that no matter what we try, it makes no difference to the system.   Even gone to the extreme of adding additional open ports that control other elements of Mitels, and still no luck,

As you can see from the logs above, it connects - communicates then seems to block the incoming voice packets, outgoing is no issue.

Going to stick a PC on the other end and run the "network qualifier" to see if that shows up anything......But for now I am stumped.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2013, 09:30:13 AM »
Have you tried defaulting the Drayteks back to factory ( or would that be too complicated). I had issues like this when I was trying to get my MBG on a 3300 to work (its simple really but I had messed about that much with it...). I defaulted the router (2830) and set it up as was with the username etc. and did the routing bit (and turned off sip on the command line) and bingo it worked first time.

Its so easy to change something on these routers and mess them up they are so configurable.

Offline d95gas

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2013, 09:34:38 AM »
Have you tried defaulting the Drayteks back to factory ( or would that be too complicated). I had issues like this when I was trying to get my MBG on a 3300 to work (its simple really but I had messed about that much with it...). I defaulted the router (2830) and set it up as was with the username etc. and did the routing bit (and turned off sip on the command line) and bingo it worked first time.

Its so easy to change something on these routers and mess them up they are so configurable.

Unfortunately that would give us a headache as currently we are working remote and would have no way of getting back into the router unless we were at the remote site :-(   but very confident nothing else has been changed, pretty much left "as-is" out of the box.

Had two of confirm all the settings, and that SIP_ALG is off on both ends.   We are just waiting to get someone to hook up a laptop at the remote end so we can run the network qualifier to see if that throws any light on the subject.

I do appreciate the suggestions and information, all to easy to "miss the obvious" sometimes :-)

Offline d95gas

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 03:25:02 AM »
Well back from my travels yet again, so again its time to try and get this dam teleworker working.

So, we have swapped out the previous handset for another 5312 that was working on the system fine.

Phone configured in Teleworker mode with the remote end WAN IP
Phone has been configured for NAT mode
Server has the relevant WAN IP in the relevant places
Mitel 5000 unit is in the DMZ on the remote end.
Various ports opened on either end (Previous to putting 5000 in DMZ)

Current state:  Teleworker phone boots and connects fine from remote location.  All correct relevant info is displayed on the screen, Ext, Phone ID, Date & Time

From the teleworker phone; I phone an extension on the system.   I can hear them.   They cannot hear me.   Same applies if the remote end initiates the call.

The 5000 end of the network is using a Draytek Vigor 2820
The Teleworker end is using a Draytek Vigor 2830

Both have recent firmware on.

I am now scratching my head where the issue could be, so any advice from out there in "Mitel Land" would be very much welcome in order to restore my sanity.

Thanks.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 07:39:48 AM »
Try changing the 2820 Firmware to 3.3.3

Don't use any DMZ at either end.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10