Author Topic: Routing Issue  (Read 4178 times)

Offline super6

• View Profile
Routing Issue
« on: June 07, 2013, 10:55:58 AM »
I have a 5000 system that i look after and i have a DID number that goes right to the main reception instead of the extension that is in thecall routing table (258).  Look at all the programming associated with that extension and looks fine.  Tried deleting and re-adding the user and that didn't work.  Also tried to point another DID number (in the call routng table) to that same extesion (258) and it works fine.  When i try to put my extension in that bad DID it also goed right to the receptionist.  At first i suspected the programming on that extension but apparently i was incorrect.  Any ideas what might be causing this?  Any help is always greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

Perry

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Routing Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 11:42:15 AM »
The DID is entered incorrectly and the call is actually hitting the + entry you should have at the bottom of the DID list?

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 12:13:29 PM »
Dave,

Not quite sure what you are referring to but there is no + entry at the bottom of my call routing list.  As much as I can remember th3e DID's were setup in batches and not sure how they can be entered incorrectly.  Can I delete that DID form the Call routing and re-enter it without any issues??  Thanks for the reply!

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 12:19:26 PM »
It almost seems like there is NO extension listed in the "Ring in Destination". Whether there is one or not it still goes to the same location.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 12:30:11 PM »
Dave,

I now see the + that youare referring to.  I have two routing tables that we have setup.  The first is (1) and that is Day mode an the second is Night mode.  the Third routing table I'm not sure what it is but that one has a +.  The first two do not have any + sign at all. 

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »
This should be very easy to find and correct. Remember that the Call Routing Table is an ordered list; as soon as a match is found, the call will be routed.

I'll assume that the DID pattern you're expecting is 258, based on what you've posted. Starting at the top of the table, check each entry for 258. There might be multiple entries with this pattern.

If there is a + entry in the table, anything below it will be ignored and all calls will follow the + routing.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 09:51:26 AM »
DND - Thanks for the reply but apparently it's not as easy as it should be.  All the other numbers work with the call routing but not this particular DID number.  Let me try to explain a little better if I can.

All my extensions are 3 digits.  This particular extension (258) is will not receive any calls that comne into her assigned DID number which is XXX-827-2052. Any extension i try to route that DID number to never gets routed.  It get routed right to the main reception which is the main number.  This particular DID number is in the middle of a block of numbers and was assigned in a batch.  All other DID numbers in that block of numbes gets routed just fine.  It's just that one particular number.  On another note, my first two routing tables (Day mnode and Night mode) have NO + signs in them at all and never had.  Not sure what that + sign is but I don't have them in the routing table. 

If I route another DID to extesion 258 it works fine and if I route my extension(127) to DID xxx-827-2052 that call gets routed to the reception.

I hope this helps clear up any questions you might have had about the issue.  Any help or suggestions are welcome.  Thanks again for teh reply!

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 01:10:26 PM »
We have had this in the past and it was a mis configuration from the service provider on that DDI. I would contact your line /DDI provider.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 01:13:29 PM »
There’s good information on the + and E functions in the help file. Open your Call Routing Table (CRT) and press F1 for help.

The + entry will match any digits, so it can sometimes cause issues. For example, my main office has 300 DID numbers. Only the administrative, billing and technical support numbers have different night routing; the remaining 297 numbers have the same routing day and night. The day CRT has all 300 numbers; the night CRT has only 3 entries and a + entry. The + entry points the remaining numbers to the day CRT. This saves having to build and maintain a huge night table.

Enough background, on with troubleshooting. We can probably assume that the DID number is good. After all, it’s in the middle of the block and it does come into the system. Start at the CO Trunk Group and follow the routing. What CRT is listed for day ring-in destination? Go to that CRT and look for a match for DID 2052. Start at the top of the table and work down. You’re looking a match in the Pattern column; the Description doesn’t matter. Remember, as soon as a match is found the call will be routed.

If you can’t a find match, you could create a new DID entry and drag it to the top of the table. You could also play with an E entry, in case there are no digits being sent.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10