Author Topic: E & M Loudspeaker Paging  (Read 4701 times)

mark79

E & M Loudspeaker Paging
« on: May 15, 2009, 02:17:51 AM »
To All,

I have a client who has multiple Paging Zones set up through a External Paging system. he has now asked us to set up 9 paging zones on the MXe which is attached to a ASU. he has connected the Paging system up to the "page" port out the back of the MXe.

am i right in saying he will only get 1 zone as that is all the MXe standard will allow? (apart from setting the zone to 0 to allow all zone paging)

Can anyone direct me or inform me how to set this up to access all zones from a programming side off thing as im unfamiliar how to programme this?
back groud: 9 analogue stations have been programmed, one for each zone out of the ASU, how do i get the rest to tie in?

thanks Guys/Girls

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: E & M Loudspeaker Paging
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 10:59:29 AM »
I am making an assumption here that there is only one interface to the customer's page equipment.
This would mean that you should be able to take a butt set, connet to the page equipement interface, hear a "buzz" tone, and then dial a page zone from there.

If this is the case, you must connect to a LS trunk port not the page port.   Then set up a ARS route for paging.

Are my assumptions correct?

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:13:46 PM by ralph »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 11:04:17 AM »
  A lot of this is going to depend on how his paging controller works.  I have done it several ways.  When the paging controller is using an ONS or LS - you simply give the ONS and extension or set up ARS to route to the LS when certain digits are dialed.  At that point it is up to the paging controller to take it from there.  On some paging units, after you are connected you dial digits to access the zone - IE: zone control by the paging unit rather than the 3300.

There are lots of options out there....

-Chak

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 11:23:41 AM »
There are lots of options out there....

So true....

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:13:32 PM by ralph »