Author Topic: 5330 IP Phone edit key labels  (Read 3382 times)

Offline ccitechpatrick

• View Profile
5330 IP Phone edit key labels
« on: March 20, 2013, 03:21:21 PM »
Trying to edit the labels for two key from the phone on a 5330 IP phone. I press the settings key then programmable keys then select the key. as soon as I press the key the screen displays "ALERT" and there is a messge saying only an administrator can edit this key. What am I doing wrong?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 5330 IP Phone edit key labels
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 06:11:30 PM »
Probably nothing... Not all labels can be edited on the 200, and some can only be done via CDE programming, others cannot be changed. What type of key are trying to change?

Offline ccitechpatrick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 07:22:41 PM »
Its a BLF key. I removed the key in CDE and reprogrammed it and now it has the right name but it says BLF in front of it. Funny thing is, the rest of the keys are programmed the same way and they dont say BLF in front of them.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 12:21:18 AM »
It seems to me all BLF/DSS keys on the SX-200 have this (pre-pended with DSS or BLF)... From the system documentation:

DSS Key labels are derived from the NAME field of the extension in CDE Form 09 (main form) and prepended with "DSS". The Name field is not editable when programming a DSS/BLF key but can be modified in the main form. For example, to edit a DSS Key label on Extension 123, change the Name associated with Extension 123 in CDE Form 09 (main form). If the name field is blank, phones will display "DSS 123"

Are you sure the other keys are BLF/DSS and not speed call keys?

Also note: To delete a DSS/BLF key on the Mitel 5330 or 5340 IP Phones, use the Superkey. Using the Settings key results in the error message "This key can only be programmed by your administrator."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 12:25:16 AM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10