Author Topic: >2 Modes (Day, Night & Away)  (Read 9840 times)

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
>2 Modes (Day, Night & Away)
« on: March 15, 2013, 09:41:29 PM »
I am wondering if it is possible to setup more than 2 user controlled modes?

I want to setup a system that does the following ideally controlled by the receptionist.

Day Mode - all calls are handled live answer
Night Mode - calls right the "night group" of phones
Away - calls go straight to an AA

Day mode is the most common state, Night mode is used when the receptionist goes home for the day.  Away mode is used during the day when the receptionist takes lunch or goes the the bathroom or is just really busy.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: >2 Modes (Day, Night & Away)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 07:58:56 AM »
Could you use a STAR for the Day which will perform your normal scheduled Day/Night operation but program the actual night mode as the away destination to override the STAR?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »
Agree with Sarond, a STAR for the day and night then the manual "night" mode is used for the away state.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 08:26:32 AM »
There’s a few ways to do this and keep routing manually controlled, depending on how calls ring in.

You could point the trunk group or DID directly to the reception station in day mode. Use forward paths to immediately route calls to live answer and DND to the “away” AA. Make sure the correct flags are enabled, and the DND forward path appears first. Night mode rings directly to the night phones.

You can use the same technique; except manually forward the station to where calls need to go. I use this a lot for doctors’ offices where the on-call changes every night. Frequently, there’s a second phone on the desk just for this purpose. Using a configuration assistant, they can call in from off site to change the routing.

I’m not a huge fan of using STAR applications to enable night mode. They’re inflexible for unforeseen situations like bad weather, where the office opens late or closes early.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 08:18:21 AM »
I don't like STAR's much either but I will try some of your suggestions DND on my next install that requires this sort of setup.

Offline ccitechpatrick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 07:54:20 PM »
I have set this up a few times before. have you lines route to a phantom extension in day mode and to AA in night mode. then use the remote programming feature to change call forwarding on the phantom. You can also program a button that will use the remote progamming feature, but it requres you to enter the on-line monitor.

Example:
I created phantom 2101 name it whatever you want
in Devices and features\co trunk groups set the day ring in to single and 2101 set the night ring in to your auto attendant
a hunt group for each of your day modes
on the phone you want to be able to control the modes, program two of the keys as station speed dials and on as a night button
enter on-line monitor mode from the view menu
under devices and features\phones select the phone you programmed the speed dial keys on
you can now edit the speed dials. you need to do it this way becaus it requires that you put a # in the speed dial string, when you are programming from the phone # saves your entry
program the speed dials as 359(phantom ext #)#355(hunt group #)
for example, mine look like this 3592101#3552000
you also need to remove the password from the phantom extension in devices and features\phones\<phone>\passcode
and you need to program the speed dial label from the phone.

once this is done you end up with 3 buttons on the phone. the night button will toggle between day and night and if it is day mode the calls will ring to whatever speed dial you pressed last, unfortunatly, there is no indication as to what "day" mode it is in.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »
Thanks ccitechpatrick,

I though of programming remote call forward but thought it would be too confusing for customers until you brought to light the online monitor solution.
Great stuff, I'll be giving this a shot.

Could you leave the speed dial incomplete and let the customer choose the destination.
e.g. 3592101#355 then the user could dial 2000 or whatever they feel like?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 08:57:04 PM »
The Configuration Assistant does away with all that speed dial craziness. Program a DSS key for the CA extension; user follows verbal prompts to forward the calls.

Offline ccitechpatrick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 09:35:04 PM »
Sure, just leave out the destination and they can put whatever they want.

CA is fine, but then they need to remember the extension they are forwarding and the extension(s) they are forwarding to. With the speed dials, they just press the button. It may take more to program but it sure makes it eaisier for the customer

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 02:12:32 AM »
Update on this:
I can program # and * keys via the phone. I use Mitel 85x8 phones. On the 8568 you can use the soft keys for * and #, on the 8528 you can use the SPCL Key to toggle */#/P/F. This eliminates the need for online monitor.

Config Assistant is good as well, I think it will depend on the customer to which solution is used.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 08:10:53 AM »
Don't forget the user web portal!

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 06:34:06 PM »
Of course, even more user friendly.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10