Author Topic: DHCP Discovery...Not working  (Read 67142 times)

Offline super6

• View Profile
Re: DHCP Discovery...Not working
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 10:37:36 AM »
First I want to say THANKS to everyone for the support.  It's pretty difficult getting support for these systems unless you are trained on them and that I'm not.   With that said, i am pretty close to getting this with all your help.  I have defaulted the phones and I can now get an IP address from the DHCP server but on occasions the phone will reboot and then get stuck on "Contacting Server".  That is before I made any changes to the Default VLAN.  I have since made some changes, per ACE's instruction, and I will see how it goes.  Her is my current DHCP setup.

Vlan 5 (default)  10.50.5.0  Scope Options set (3,6,15,43)  no 125
vlan 20  10.50.20.0  same scope without 43
vlan 30  10.50.30.0  same scope without 43
vlan 90  10.50.90.200   Scope option is only 43

Here is the option 43 on default vlan -  d:ipphone.mitel.com;sw_tftp=10.50.90.200;call_srv=10.50.90.200;vlan=90;l2p=6;dscp=46

Here is the option 43 i have set on the VOIP vlan (90)
d:ipphone.mitel.com;sw_tftp=10.50.90.200;call_srv=10.50.90.200

Is there still something wrong with this setup???? 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 12:12:08 PM »
Your options and setup appear correct, assuming all phones will always boot initially in VLAN 5 and no other VLAN.

If you are still having issues, I would look at routing and switch setup. The switch port to the phone should be setup as Untagged VLAN 5 and Tagged Allowed on at least VLAN 90 (additional VLANs could be allowed as tagged traffic as well, should not interfere with the voice). The switch port connected to the DHCP server should be setup to allow untagged traffic on VLAN5 only no other VLANs (tagged or untagged) should be allowed on that switch port. IP Helper and routing would vary depending on your configuration and equipment.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 02:54:06 PM »
Now i'm confused again.   :o My vlan 5 is where the DHCP servers reside and vlan 90 is where the phones are located.  All switch ports on vlan 90 are untagged ports.   I'm not 100% clear on how the switches are setp since I didn't do them and not that well versed on layer 3 switches.  As of right now the phones appear to be working with the DHCP servers and no issues yet.  I will monitor them and make sure all is still working.  Any additional comments are welcome.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 04:43:56 PM »
OK, so basically some of my assumptions of your setup were incorrect then.

Are you saying that the phones are connected to their own dedicated switch ports, and not shared ports (ie. no PC's are connected through the phones)?

If this is the case, where the phones boot untagged into VLAN 90 directly and do not need to switch VLAN's then the option 43 for that scope as I stated in my last post is correct, it simply should not contain any VLAN variables, and QoS needs to be handled at the switch level.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 03:24:40 PM »
Does the 5000 respond to cdp/LLDP for vlan allocation? ,maybe someone switched it off?

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 04:46:43 PM »
Ace, That is correct on the ports. Each phone has a dedicated port on vlan 90.  What I have at this point is a bit strange to me.  I can get a new phone, plug it in and get an IP.  It goes through the update process and reboots and at that point i'm now getting stuck on Contacting server.  If I go into the phone config and change vlan from NONE to just blank and reboot the phone it comes up fine.  Then if I reboot anytime after that it boots up fine.  Im pretty close but can't quite finish.

X-man

Not really sure hwat you're asking here.  Sorry

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10