Author Topic: Twinning to Multiple Phones - Mitel Series X  (Read 13667 times)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Twinning to Multiple Phones - Mitel Series X
« on: April 22, 2009, 08:44:06 AM »
Since I haven't seen anyone bring this up yet, I thought I'd mention it.
I sat through the Mitel announcement of what they are calling "Series X".
The Mitel software (MCD) is not able to run on 3rd party servers.   Sun, HP, more to come.
But what is really cool, is native to the software is the ability to "Twin" your phone with up to 8 seperate numbers at the same time.  One call rings 8 devices.  Call it Teleworker on Steroids.   Has touch tone access to the most common features like conference, transfer, hold, etc.

For a shot time, with new systems, Mitel is giving away 10 licenses.   
Should be a lot of fun to play with.   

Heres the link: www.mitel.com/DocController?documentId=32039

Ralph

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:20:41 PM by ralph »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: Twinning to Multiple Phones - Mitel Series X
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 07:58:50 PM »
I really wish I had made that announcement last week - just too damn busy.  I have briefly looked at the docs I could find on this thing but am still unclear as to what is required to take advantage of it all....

does it run on any 3300?  Separate application or part of the 3300 call control system?

Anyway, good stuff...

-Chak

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 08:08:06 AM »
It runs on MCD.   I'm told MCD will run on any platform.

Ralph
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:43:33 AM by ralph »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 09:05:47 PM »
  The presentation is now available on MOL.  Interesting.  It sounded to me like they are renaming the traditional 3300 call control to Mitel Call Director (??).  And that soon it will run on non-Mitel hardware from Sun, HP and IBM.  This could be good....although I guess you would still need the traditional 3300 ICP for your Telco interface....

The twinning, while interesting and certainly useful, didn't seem to me as big a deal as they were making of it.

Anyway, I look forward to see it....

-Chak

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 09:06:42 AM »
The call director software is what they currently call the server software in the 3300.

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 02:22:35 PM »
Its out now, I am running an upgrade on a controller as I type this.

I will let you know how it goes.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 04:30:46 AM »
Hi All,

As far as I am aware they are rebranding the 3300 OS to MCD. With the next release being MCD4. This software will support installations on 3300 (with correct hardware) 3rd party qualified servers, and MXe server edition (although this is done via MSL I think). There will still be an underlying 3300 software version when you click on the about button. This will read something like MCD 4, active software -  R10.0.0.4, inactive software R10.0.0.1

The whole series X thing is a combination of multipul features:

1. Personal ring groups, allowing you to have up to 8 different numbers ring when someone calls your ext or DID. Also the ability to hand off to other members of the group. Pressing 5 while on a call will ring all other members of your group. There is also a cancel key (one of the other digits) so if you press this to end a call and the call to your phone (say your mobile) from the system is left open allowing you to dial an internal number or an external number via the system.

2. External Hot Desking. The ability to call into the 3300 (like DISA) and log in as a hot desk user. You can then program the CLI of the phone where you are sat (say an ext on a Nortel system on another site) and when someone calls your hotdesk ext or DID it will ring the programmed CLI for the hotdesk user. This can also be done in ESM.

3. There is also a Presence feature which will allow users to Log in/out of any group (ring group, hunt group, ACD path)

I think thats about it for the Serie X stuff. However there are more features on MCD4 that are very useful. Like the ability to manage up to 20 3300's without the need for Ops man. You can have SDS, see and change forms of other 3300's when logged into any other 3300, and best of all manage resilliancy for them with remote directory sync.

They are also changing ACD. There will be two types ACD Express and ACD 2000. Abit scetchy on the differences but basically ACD Express doesnt require an ACD Agent License but you dont get all the features of ACD2000. There is no resilliancy, or interflow dialling, limited RAD, no skill based routing.

They are also changing the licensing for ACD2000 Agents. You will no longer need a license per agent. It will be managed on logged in agents rather than agents configured.

I know Im going on abit but there looks like this MCD4 could be very good (as long as there arn't to many bugs).

Anyway thats me done. I'll let someone else have a say ;D

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 04:32:26 AM »
oh by the way, if you have access to MOL there is a technical update course in the online training section where all is revealed!!!!

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 06:42:44 AM »
I assume that the "twinning" from a Mitel device with a mobile phone is done through the Personal Ring Groups. But what is the best way to do this? Is it by creating a hotdesk user and forwarding always all the calls to in this example to the mobile phone, or is there another way?

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 10:45:41 AM »
I looked into this. Personal ring groups will only alow you put put a valid DN as a member I.E no ARS or speedcalls. Therefore the only way this could work would be to setup an external hotdesk user that is always logged in and add this as part of the personal ring group.
Cant confirm this yet though as still waiting for my external hotdesk user licenses  ???

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10