Author Topic: Hyperterminal  (Read 5744 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hyperterminal
« on: April 09, 2009, 07:32:07 PM »
VHas anyone ever had a 3300 not respond to a PC when connected through hyperterminal? Apparently we have one that will not boot and cannot have the Vxworks boot sequence stopped.
I personally have not seen the controller and do not know the full story yet. I just have been told to go fix it tomorrow, yeah me. There could be absolutely nothing wrong other than technician error, I guess I will find out when I get there.

Thanks for any help.

Offline chadmaynard

• View Profile
Re: Hyperterminal
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 10:44:35 PM »
Sounds like technician error to me. If you can see the data coming from the 3300 in HT then VXWorks properly initialized and redirected stdout to the port, which means the software at least thinks the port works.

Maybe flow control was enabled.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 12:47:54 AM »
  We have one right now that we cannot connect to.  It boots and runs.  The ESM will come up to the login page but not accept the correct credentials.  It does not respond to telnet nor the console.   Our next step is take the last backup and restore it to another controller and see what we get.....odd issue for sure....

-Chak

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 08:10:08 AM »
What rel. is it running?

Offline MitelMania

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 08:43:16 AM »
the serial ports on the MX and MXE controllers are VERY fragile....  the LEAST bit of static electricity will usually pop them.. and the port may very well send out to you but not receive.. thats a common issue...

I have also had on 7.0 variants an issue where the system would boot and run but not allow login through the ESM..., however telnetting to it to the SX-2000 call control shell and then running a dbms check full... then rebooting  resolved the issue...  tech support indicated the database corrupted and caused the issue...

also, unlike the sx-2000, on the 3300 if you get a corrupted database you are not totally hosed...doing a backup and restore forces a database "cleaning" which will get rid of the corrupted parts of your database and load the good part...  so you may lose a couple stations or a Class of service etc but not the whole DB...

those familiar with SX-2000 database Loss find this a real nice "feature"...
-Christopher

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 10:50:44 AM »
Christopher,
when ever I've had  2000 database corruption, we've always resolved it by a database save/restore.

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:29:52 AM by ralph »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 07:13:50 AM »
It was user error, all worked fine for me.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10