Author Topic: Mitel 5000 to Exchange 2010  (Read 12475 times)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 to Exchange 2010
« on: October 08, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »
Does anyone have a how-to doc for setting up UM with Exchange 2010 and the Mitel 5000?

Ralph
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:07:50 AM by ralph »

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 to Exchange 2012
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 02:13:14 PM »
anything in particular.  We just filled in the blanks.  didn't use any documentation that I can recall.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 03:49:56 PM »
My exchange tech was asking for a doc.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 05:12:44 PM »
I think UM in the 5000 just uses IMAP integration, that is why you have to enter the username and password in each mailbox... it is not like BBES or Nupoint UM Exchange integration, so nothing special really, just have your exchange tech enable IMAP and should be good to go!

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 to Exchange 2010
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 06:59:45 AM »
Standard integration just needs the name of the server (Note that simply the IP address of the exchange server will not work)

A username and password.

An administrator email address.

So we normally have an account created on the exchange server called phones or mitel@companyname.com

This is via SMTP

For enhanced integration you will need the full details for every account entered under the Mailbox, this uses IMAP I believe.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 01:43:43 PM »
There are only two scenarios that you really need to address with Utilizing Unified Messaging.

1. Forward & Copy

2. Enhanced Integration

If the type of integration is Forward & Copy then you just need the Internal A record of the Exchange Server or its IP Address. We normally ask for an A Record to be created so the IP Address can be changed and we don't have to roll a truck to fix an I.T. issue. Then just set all the Mailboxes for Forward Only or Forward & Copy and the users email address. Exchange may have an issue with this if they do not allow for anonymous emails to be sent, but the adminstrator of the Exchange server can fix that, but they may ask for the IP address of your 5000 controller so they can filter out all other requests.

If you want Enhanced Integration then you need to obtain the A Record or IP Address of the Exchange Server and DNS Search List of the site. Then have the Administrator create an account as though it was a normal user and have them provide you with its username and password. You will also need to get the email address of the Administrator so the system can send them Error Messages if there is a problem. Then go into each mailbox and set it for Enhanced Integration and put in the users email address.

The process is pretty simple and you can find the error logs on the Controller which provide enough information to figure out what is going on. Other than that the Exchange Administrator doesn't really need to know any moare about setting up their box for Unified Messaging.

As for SMTP vs IMAP the 5000 embedded Voicemail only does SMTP, but not it allows for use of other ports besides 25 for security reasons. You would need an External Voicemail Server for IMAP.

Thanks,

Steven

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 05:31:14 PM »
You need an account creating for the phone system on your Exchange server. You then enter the details like this:

Emailsettings by DaveInch, on Flickr

Set up Forward or Forward and copy in your users mailbox:

BasicUM by DaveInch, on Flickr

Done, basic unified messaging set up.

If you want enhanced integration, and all that does really is delete listened to messages from your email if you listen on your phone and voice versa, you need the details for every users email account to be entered into their mailbox, like the example below:

EnhancedUM by DaveInch, on Flickr

Hopefully the images work!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 05:33:57 PM by NTEDave »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 07:13:12 PM »
Sweet!  Looks like exactly what I'm looking for.

Ralph

Offline StarDestroyer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 10:14:16 AM »
The process is pretty simple and you can find the error logs on the Controller which provide enough information to figure out what is going on. Other than that the Exchange Administrator doesn't really need to know any moare about setting up their box for Unified Messaging.

Can you tell me where these error logs are? I had Enhanced Integration working, but it doesn't seem to be anymore. I ran Wireshark on my Exchange server and didn't see any incoming IMAP connections. I know DNS is working as Forward & Copy works fine using the same DNS name.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 10:27:35 AM »
He is referring to what most long time Inter-tel techs call the "AVDAP" log, in the 5000 you have to web into the administrator web portal, and look at the log files.

I don't have a 5000 up on the test bench right now, but it seems to me if you web in, and go do logs tab, you will find the Voicemail  logs there quite easily.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10