Author Topic: Fairly simple question re: MAS and blades  (Read 8972 times)

Offline 1quikst162

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Fairly simple question re: MAS and blades
« on: September 20, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »
We had MAS running with the Q/C blade. It went boom (literally). Turned around, obtained the software & blade for the QC, but  we're running into something stupid (it's obviously out of contract/EOL support from our support group so...)

Anyway..MAS disc installed, mounted & installed the software. Once that all completed, it rebooted and came up. Browsing to the URL to access it (http://<server-ip-address> or http://<server-ip-address>/server-manager) results in a 403 error (with no login screen).

What did we miss? We're trying to reinstall the Q/C blade.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Fairly simple question re: MAS and blades
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 07:07:28 PM »
403 forbidden means you need to access it from the same subnet that the MAS server is on.
Once there, there is a menu to add local networks.   Add all the subnets in your network and then you should be fine.

Ralph
BTW: you may be able to do that from the console screen via the text browser. - it's a pain but doable.

Offline 1quikst162

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 07:12:18 PM »
Yeah I just realized that.

I found the MAS install/admin guide online and I'm getting somewhere finally. :facepalm:

Offline 1quikst162

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 05:59:53 PM »
Thanks again for the help. I can't seem to figure out the whole blade mounting thing though.

Per the directions..
Click on Blades in the Server Manager's navigation menu to display a list of available software
blades which can be installed. This list of blades is downloaded from the AMC if more than 30
minutes have elapsed since the last request. Otherwise, the current cached list of blades is displayed
(click Update List to retrieve an updated list from the AMC).
To install a specific blade, click the Install link beside the desired blade. Most blades create new
menu items in the Server Manager navigation menu to allow you to configure the blade. Others
provide their own configuration interface or do not require additional configuration. For details, consult
the documentation provided with the blade.
You can also install blades from a CD-ROM. If you have an application distributed in this way, insert
the CD before loading the blades panel, or click Update List after inserting the CD.

I have the software loaded on a CD. I've taken this CD, created an ISO of it and mounted it to the system (as it is virtual). Mounting the disc via the console I can see the files and everything.

In the server-manager, it's empty under 'Blades' (I don't have the 'install' link). Is there a specific /mnt point it's looking for?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 07:26:24 AM »
What version of MSL/MAS are you running? In the newer versions the "blades" tab doesn't do anything and you are supposed to install from the console. However, there is a command to enable the old style of blade installation.

Offline 1quikst162

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Fairly simple question re: MAS and blades
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 10:11:40 AM »
What version of MSL/MAS are you running? In the newer versions the "blades" tab doesn't do anything and you are supposed to install from the console. However, there is a command to enable the old style of blade installation.

I want to say 7.0.something. (not at the office to say for sure).

Are you just saying I should login to the console (via ssh) and install the rpm package?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

**EDIT**
It's 7.0.2.9
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:01:38 AM by 1quikst162 »

Offline 1quikst162

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »
I've been beating my head trying to get this thing to install. It's really not liking whatever I'm doing (or not doing).

I have MAS installed. I can access it without a problem from the web.

I have Q/C on a CD ISO.  Blades does not provide an option to install it.

If I access the console and install the RPM, it installs but I can't access the quick conference capabilities from the server console.

Any suggestions or prodding in the right direction?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 07:50:00 AM »
You did register the ARID from the server before you tried to install the blades didn't you? I didn't see that listed anywhere so I thought I'd ask.

Offline 1quikst162

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 09:35:11 AM »
No I did not. I'll look up how to do that today

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 01:58:30 PM »
It should work after you do that. As it sits now the system is unlicensed.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 06:33:40 PM »
Any chance you can post that command? In some situations it would be handy to have, eg when you are just running MBG on MAS.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 07:33:40 AM »
Here you go Martyn:

f you need to access the old style Blades page for removal or installation of blades from the web interface run the following commands from the shell:

config set masinstaller config

config setprop masinstaller enablebladespanel yes

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »
Cool thanks for that. Always handy when you come across undocumented features.  :)

Offline 1quikst162

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 01:15:38 PM »
Thanks gentleman (or ladies) for the assistance.  This is the first time I've done this, so forgive my 'newbness'. The product is (clearly) out of support so whatever I do is on me to keep working. Fortunately it's not that hard.  I grabbed a service ID from another system we have running and entered that as registration. Once that registered, I ran the two commands above and ran the RPM install on the QC module. Now when I click on Blades from the interface, I see QuickConference is installed.

Was this there right way? I don't think so. But its working as far as I can tell. I need to finish everything to make sure its working though...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10