Author Topic: Redirect calls from T1 to SIP Trunks  (Read 3138 times)

Offline dfleschute

• What now?
    • View Profile
Redirect calls from T1 to SIP Trunks
« on: August 23, 2012, 08:22:10 AM »
I need to redirect inbound calls from a T1 to SIP trunks.  I've created routing from the Call Routing Table to 9200.  This compares the dialing pattern in a Route Group which sends the call to a Facility Group.  The Facility Group connects the call to the SIP Trunk Group.  However, it just generates a dial tone.  It does not forward the call.  The Dial Rules for the Facility Group are Echo Equal Access, Echo Toll Field, Echo 3 digits After Toll Field, Echo Local Address and Add #.  How can I get the call to forward and not just stall at the SIP trunks?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Redirect calls from T1 to SIP Trunks
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 01:09:31 PM »
You are probably going to have to forward calls to a Phantom extn or Spare SLT that are programmed to use the SIP trunk group and forwarded always to the correct destination.

Offline dfleschute

• What now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 01:15:59 PM »
That was a tactic that worked well with the Axxess.  I don't see using a Phantom as a forwarding point as an option in the 5000.  Also, the SIP trunks don't have an extension with which to forward.  I've found no way to forward directly to the SIP trunk group.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 12:20:14 PM »
What exactly is the call flow you are trying to achieve?

Simple trunk to trunk or the call bounces about in the system for a bit before being forwarded out over the SIPS?

Offline dfleschute

• What now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 12:32:09 PM »
We were finally able to make this happen, though not elequently.  We have a Multitech FaxFinder IP based fax to email server.  The PBX and Faxfinder are connected via SIP trunks.  Here's how we got it to work.

Inbound call goes to a Phantom Device.
The Phantom Device has a User.
Personal Call Router (we are using V3.2 PBX software) dials the desk phone and cell phone.
The cell phone is 555 and the last four digits of the DDI dialed.
A Route Group sends all 555**** numbers to a Facility Group.
The Facility Group routes the call down the SIP Truinks
The rest is up to the FaxFinder.

No outbound faxing from the FaxFinder works.  And the software from Multitech has a T.30 pass through option.  Mitel (Inter-Tel) will only pass T.38 between Mitel PBXs.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10